DINNER THREAD, 2/13/17 - 2/19/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/13/17 - 2/19/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I'm sure that is a relief to not have homework!  YAY!

We are finally having Chicken Pot Pie!  Dinner is late, but it's homemade!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17/17??

What's on the menu for today?

Have no idea here....

Decided to do some cleaning - freezer pkg. Sous Vide pork w/jus, creamed cabbage (trying out a dish for St. Patty's dinner party) and bacon 'greased' Brussels sprouts.  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm thinking tortilla crusted tilapia and asparagus.
Really good comfort food -

[Image: Feb%2017%20Creamy%20Cabbage%20pork%20b.%...vd0w8s.jpg]

Trying out a St. Patty’s day dish for a dinner party coming up and Creamed Cabbage is really a very tasty one. BUT, it needs lots of pepper and more than I normally use of salt to bring out the flavors. Definitely a repeat. Served with a pkg. of Sous Vide pork and bacon tossed Brussels Sprouts. Reminds me of a Midwest dinner. Comfort food. 
Creamed Cabbage (I made just 1/2 X the amount)
Jessica Tripp - AllRecipes

4 slices bacon
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 large head cabbage, cored and shredded
1/2 cup sour cream

Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
Remove the bacon slices to cool.
Whisk the butter, flour, and salt into the drippings in the same pan.
Stir in the cabbage, and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
Crumble the bacon; stir the bacon pieces and sour cream into the cabbage mixture.
Taste for seasoning and add lots of pepper and salt as needed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yum. I love cream sauces. Sounds good.

We had l/o Bolognese sauce so I turned it into a baked pasta dish and roasted some fresh veggies in the oven for a side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm willing to give that cabbage dish a shot!  We love cabbage!

After a crazy stressful week, we are grateful to have escaped in one piece!  Seriously!

I picked up a Stouffer's Lasagna for dinner just to save us from a liquid dinner.  

Yea, it was that bad! Confused
Daphne
Daphne, will you have 2 day's respite? Hope so
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 2/18/17??

What's for dinner?

??
Oh, I do remember what I'm making - from Issue #121. Beef & Sweet Potato Curry  w/romas & spinach
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, we are taking one.  After the week we had, and the fact that William has a procedure Monday, we have decided to stay in Southport and relax and enjoy the beautiful weekend we've been promised.  At some point I'll have to run to the laundry mat, but other than that, I'm going to sit outside and read!

I'm thinking about spatchcocking a chicken and grilling it with my beer can chicken rub.  Corn on the cob and something green will make for an easy and relaxing dinner.  We can sit out on the patio and sip wine while we watch it cook.  I haven't been able to do that in a while!   Cool
Daphne
Piddle - neither have I!!!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Good luck to William on Monday and hope you both have a great weekend.
www.achefsjourney.com