DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
It's been so long, we're sure enjoying the cobbler - now wish I'd made the entire recipe's worth, but good thing I only made half!! Smile

Barbara and those on the east coast, hope you're all staying as dry and warm as you can! The last 2 weeks of weather moving across the country is just unbelievable.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/10/17??

What's on the menu for today??

I ran across a recipe for a Balsamic reduction for steaks in a Swanson's newsletter which sounded so good and I have a "not so great' steak in the freezer, so will probably try it out. Not sure on sides. 
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm tempted to pick up a berry pie from Marie Callendars now.  ;Wink
Berry pies are my absolute favorite!

Haven't decided on dinner just yet. Had to go get Abby at school because she is sick with a sore throat. So, after a trip to Steak 'n Shake's drive thru for a very berry shake, we're being couch potatoes watching Netflix. Big Grin If I don't get to the store today, we might be freezer diving for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sirloin with Balsamic Reduction – certainly a repeat in our house. Wonderful flavors. Served with The Full Rack BBQ Ready California Red – great match.

[Image: Feb%2010%20Sirloing%20w%20Balsamic%20Gra...syctxe.jpg]
Here’s the recipe - Sirloin with Balsamic Reduction
From Swanson

1 boneless beef sirloin steak (about 1 1/4 pounds)
2 Tbs olive oil
2 large shallot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs all-purpose flour
2 cups Swanson® Organic Beef Stock
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary leaves

Season the beef as desired.  Heat half the oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat.  Add the beef and cook for 6 minutes or until well browned on both sides.  Remove the beef from the skillet.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet.  Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.  Add the garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute.  Add the flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.

Add the stock and vinegar and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.  Cook for 4 minutes or until the stock mixture is reduced by half.

Return the beef to the skillet.  Reduce the heat to medium-low.  Cook for 5 minutes for medium or until desired doneness.  Stir in the butter.  Season to taste.  Slice the beef and serve with the sauce.  Sprinkle with the rosemary.
www.achefsjourney.com
Copying and saving!  Thanks for sharing, Jean!

We had hamburger pie tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Saturday's Dinner, 2/11/17??

What's for dinner??

I pulled a can of Black Pepper Spam from the pantry, so will work around that.

(Our snow is finally melting!)
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going back to Chinatown tonight with friends for round 2 of Chinese New Year. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sure wish there was a good Asian area around here - we even lost our favorite Asian restaurant at the end of last year! Sad
www.achefsjourney.com
Sorry to gloat, Jean, but a nice Asian restaurant in the city has opened up a nice place here....and it's right across the street from our place!  Everything I have had from there has been abundant and delicious.  Angel

I had planned to prep Korean Beef last night, but we stayed too late at the office for me to get to the good grocery store.  So I'll pick up what we need today on the way home and prep it tonight.  That said, we will either have leftover Hamburger Pie or something else.  Since we have a hot water heater issue to deal with before we can leave, it will probably be hamburger pie or something from the deli.  I have way too much laundry to deal with.  Prepping the beef will be about all I'll have time for.

I wish we could stay through the weekend again. Earl just told us that the local Moose Lodge is having their annual Open House Oyster Roast today! All the oysters you can eat and beer you can drink for $25! BUMMER!

Have fun, Maryann!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.