Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17
  Re: Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
So, I'm trying the IP with ribs!  Corn on the cob and salad are sides.  William is excited!  He LOVES the IP!

Update...Lawry's and granulated garlic and in the IP for 25 minutes with a little water; then on a medium hot grill with Sweet Baby Ray's for 10...moist and tender ribs. William likes ribs again and is even more in love with the IP!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh, Vicci, have you seen Snickers new crispie thingee?? 
Arggghhhhhh!!!!    Tongue

Honestly, I've read that sugar is addicting and I truely believe it now!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner - 1/19/17??

What's on the menu for everyone today? 

I have 2 or 3 ideas - just have to decide.

------------------------
My goodness, it's hard to make up my mind.

A friend who has a bottle of Saint Elizabeth Allspice Dram (which I guess she has used  a couple jiggers of :Smile has asked me to figure out how to use it in cooking. So, I'm going to work on  Jamaican baked sweet potatoes  and/or Jamaican Jerk Chicken to work it in.

Another friend who made this Bulgarian dish - Thracian Clay pot - and made it sound and look so tasty. It calls for a special sausage, dry pork sausage, "Soujouk,' which I ordered and rec'd the other day is in the running.

And, that darn Trixxee - can't get the beet/feta salad out of my mind.....

Lastly, a butternut squash which needs to be used. Thinking soup.

Geez, what a dilemma!!!! Rolleyes
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That beet salad has been calling my name as well! Not that I'm going to be there for dinner but my vote is for the Bulgarian clay pot. Big Grin

We have l/os to use tonight so it will be a tapas night. Have a few ribs, a bit of Asian coleslaw, and also a butternut squash for soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Who doesn't have butternut squash?!?!? Rolleyes

I have two, actually, with one earmarked for Thai butternut squash soup this weekend, but tonight is the usual spaghetti (w/ ground turkey and marinara sauce).  Brown rice spaghetti, of course.

Jean, I would suggest the Jamaican dinner...    Do you now have to make two meals?!?   Wink
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Just picked up the 'borrowed' 1/2 cup of Allspice Dram - taste of it is nice, but I don't think I'd like a drink with it. We'll see what it does with food. I'll just make the two dishes (chic & swt. tato) for the four of us to taste. I'm making it tomorrow a.m.

I'll try to get the Bulgarian dish done tomorrow also because I think it's one of the those dishes that gets better for standing overnight.

I forgot I had an appt. mid-morning, so will go for burgers for our noon dinner - but, I did get the B.nut soup made. It's a recipe from Cook's Illus. which I haven't made before.

Food, food, food, everywhere, food!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I've got lasagna going.  Gonna be a late dinner.  Late getting home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I posted about the Butternut Squash Soup on a separate thread - it's so good!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 1/20/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Lots of cooking in my kitchen today - the liquored up chicken & sweet potatoes, Bulgarian dish and who knows what else.... of course the T.V. will be on all day.....  'nuff said. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com