DINNER THREAD - 1/9/17 - 1/15/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 1/9/17 - 1/15/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Flexibility - Daphne's new middle name!!

Trixxee - another idea of a small side to go with soup/salad that we like (no surprise, I'm sure) - mini pizzas or flatbreads, whatever you want to call them. When I make pizza dough, I weigh out 6 or 8 2 oz. pieces and freeze them. When I want to use them, thaw (unless I've already shaped them), roll out and tope with everything from just garlic oil to s few sprinkles of other flavors/dabs of this and that.

Pull from the freezer and ready to go -  and Daphne, I always take (or make) a few to have in the trailer!
[Image: Apr%2010%20Mini%20Pizza%20rounds%20Sourd...mk2jdm.jpg]

and ready for a salad -
[Image: May%2011%20mini%20pizza_zpsxnvopox2.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. (FRIDAY THE 13TH!! Rolleyes  ) DINNER - 1/13/17

Whoooo - (as that cop used to say on Hill Street Blues - if you're old enough to remember Tongue  ) 'Let's be careful out there!' 

What's on the menu today for everyone?

I made my Dr. apt purposely for 11:30 so I'm going out to eat!!!!! Yeah!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tony has some lamb that he grilled defrosting for "lamb ragu" over pappardelle but I'm skeptical that he'll be able to cook that today since technically he's working (from home) so my back up plan is this. 

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/r...rry-364570
Both sound delicious, Trixxee.

We are going out with 2 other couples tonight for dinner than back to our house for dessert and maybe some card games.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sounds like a fun evening with good friends, Maryann!!

By the way - O.T. from today's thread, but I keep forgetting to tell you how much everyone who tasted "Ron's Family Fruit Salad" loved it!! It makes so darn much (and I only made 1/2 batch Smile ) that I'm so glad it was during the holidays when I could include it in parties and get-togethers.

And, also, when I was getting a little dubious about eating it any longer, I put it thru the Cuisinart and made a sorbet out of it. This is really good!! And, I still have some - doling it out a little at a time. Thanks so much for bringing this to us.
www.achefsjourney.com
Have fun Maryann!

Thanks for the flat bread tip, Jean!

So I have finally accepted the fact that short days are keeping me from enjoying my evenings.  Dinner is late, but I got William a nice rib eye and me a fillet...baked potato on the side.

Okay, decided to save this special dinner for tomorrow when we get home. It just got too late, and we had a big late lunch of fried shrimp. Leftovers and snacks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
of course, it's Friday - steak for Daphne!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I'm so glad you enjoyed the fruit salad. What a great idea to make a sorbet! I never thought of that. I have made smoothies with it and those were good. Also slushies for frozen cocktails. I know the recipe makes an awful lot, but ours was gone within 2 weeks. Everyone likes it and wants a container of it to take home. My dad just asked me when we're going to make it again because he wanted some more!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Saturday's Dinner - 1/14/17??

What's on the menu for everyone today?? 

I'm going to pretend it's summertime for the football game today and have BBQ Ribs (sans the grill Tongue  ), baked beans and slaw and watch the play-off game.  
www.achefsjourney.com
Little pizzas are a great idea!

Tonight it's the lamb and mushroom ragu over pappardelle.  I'm going to make a big chef's salad for lunch.  I have some proscuitto that needs to be frizzled up- that's what drove the whole idea.