DINNER THREAD - 1/2/17 - 1/8/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 1/2/17 - 1/8/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Nice project, Jean!  Maryann, I still haven't had time to look for this.  I really need to start making a more controlled list of things I want to try.

Happy Anniversary, Maryann and Ron!  You two remind me of us so much!

You have us beat by 7 years!  We have been together 39 and married 36.

Today, we had a good pay day, so we celebrated with lunch at Oliver's.  William had the Clam Chowder with a Big Boy Grilled Cheese.  I had the soup special, Chicken Gumbo.  It was all good but not special.

I was at the office until after 6, and William was out of the office until almost 7, so we opted to go to Loco Jo's for dinner.  We both enjoyed Sea Bass Tacos with a nice bottle of Cab.

Have I mentioned lately how happy I am to be back in civilization?!?!  I'll get back into cooking later.  Hopefully, things will eventually slow down?  Until then, I'll enjoy being back "home".  

We are slowly running into old friends again.  Tonight, we ran into two more.  Southport is growing so fast, the new people outnumber the old, so going about town has been a little depressing.  But it's getting better.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
New chapters in so many lives around here! It's great to hear the new experiences you're having.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 1/6/17??

What's for dinner for everyone??

I'd planned on just leftovers of the chicken/b.pepper sauce, but pizza came into my mind - what a great topping this 'goop' will be. So, it's pizza. Smile  I have all these food gifts of condiments (sweet/fruity/hot) to choose between to melt down and drizzle over the top. Hmmmmmm 
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Leftovers here. We ended up going out to our favorite Italian restaurant last night We had a delicious "eggplant stack" for an appetizer followed by a very nice "house" salad and a fresh loaf of warm bread. By the time we got our entrees, we took a few bites and were done. So, we have veal parmesan with spaghetti, and cavatelli with meatballs for dinner tonight. Fabulous.

Daphne... I'm so happy for you that you are enjoying this new chapter of your life. I have always enjoyed getting out of town for a vacation, but don't think that I would want to live very far out. It's just so convenient to be close to restaurants, stores, etc. and to run into friends is a warm and fuzzy feeling that gives you that sense of belonging somewhere.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm making a chile relleno casserole (with ground beef).
Oh, the leftovers of the Black Pepper Sauce makes a great topping for pizza - just it and cheese and a sprinkling of gr. onions. Oh, and a drizzle of Christmas Pineapple/Mango/Habanero jam over the top. So darn good!! Not a real pretty pizza, but the flavor was really there. Smile
[Image: Jan%206%20Blk%20Pepper%20Sauce%20Pizza_zpsrobdlqys.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner - 1/7/17??

What's on the menu for today? 

Found a lonely piece of cod in the freezer, so tacos are in our future.
www.achefsjourney.com
The pizza looks delicious!

We are going bowling at 1:00 for my nephew's 11th birthday and then after that we are going to Outback for an late lunch/early dinner.  I know my sister is going to insist on paying (even though we have gift cards) so I'm going to order something on the inexpensive side - a no rules burger!  Wink
Since I've been making their Knock off bread, I'm anxious to revisit an Outback to compare them. We don't have any close, but one day we'll head 'inland' and catch one. Have a good dinner and doesn't bowling sound like fun. Been so long.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday night, Brian made a point to tell me he was making shrimp and grits last night.  So, of course, we had to go for dinner again!  I wanted to try something new and had almost decided on the curry when I remembered we hadn't tried the crispy duck in an Asian sauce.  I LOVED IT, but William wasn't a fan, so I'm guessing we will be trying the curry with soft shell crab next time.

But Ashley had the dinner to envy at Circa 1922 last night.  She took a risk and ordered the beef cheeks.  Everybody that got a taste said it was the best thing at the table!  But she did say that the tuna tartare was also amazing!

I'm hoping Miss Successful will treat old Mom and Dad for dinner there sometime in the future! Angel

Totally forgot! It is literally FREEZING here, so Lasagna Soup for dinner! BUUUURRRRRR!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.