Dinner Thread - 12/26/16 -- 1/1/17
  Re: Dinner Thread - 12/26/16 -- 1/1/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=large]Di...)
So I'm still wrapping my brain around that dog!  

Etouffee and Bistecca Sandwiches sound goo!

I had spaghetti and meatballs for lunch, so I didn't want to do anything big for dinner.  At about 5, it hit me!  I was so sad that I forgot Wing Night at Loco Joe's last week...not today!!!

Boom Boom Cauliflower and wings two ways...terriyaki and buffalo.  At fifty cents a wing, we sprang for a bottle of the house Cab.  Lots of old friends in there tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Daphne, I think you are having a lot more fun since you started living part-time "in town".

Jean, that hotdog sounds so good. I will be saving this to have soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Wednesday's Dinner - 12/28/16??

What's for dinner today??

Another new one for us - or a different take, anyway... using Mrs. Bridges Date & Fig Chutney (another Christmas goodie) - Roast Beef Wraps with the chutney, fresh basil leaves and greens.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I had planned on Tony making a rotissiered boneless leg of lamb but I guess he needs to push that off until tomorrow.  I guess I'll make chicken cutlets - maybe the almond butter sauce recipe, always a winner.  With rice and baby spinach.
Maryan, we are having a blast!  Ashley finally came to see the camper.  She said it was really small, but in the end, she said she couldn't remember seeing me so healthy, focused and happy.  Now she's anxious for us to get on the road.  I figure we should have mastered camper living by this spring and can start taking short trips to begin with.

So for dinner, we tried out my new grill!!!  Ribs, corn on the cob and broccoli and cheese.  Learning the new grill will take a little time, but so far, I'm very happy with it.  Thanks, Jean!
Daphne
What a nice compliment from Ashley! You probably look that way because you are living life on your own terms even though you are crazy busy. That's a great place to be. Wink
Maryann

It is indeed!
Daphne
I third that!!! It won't take long for you to adapt the trailer kitchen/cooking and even adapting shortcuts when you're in the 'big house' Smile It's funny, I never worked as hard as I did in my 60s and was never happier with my work!!! Funny how that works.

Must comment on last night's 'snack' - it was so good and it would even be better on a hot afternoon sitting on the deck in the sunshine.....c'mon spring!!!!

Another food present - a fig & date chutney to play with.
[Image: chutney_zpsbqikkpfd.jpg]
Mrs Bridges Goodies

The wraps were smeared with the chutney, layered with roast beef, fresh basil leaves and shredded napa cabbage. They were really tasty!!
[Image: Dec%2028%20Beef%20Chutney%20Wraps_zpsmra4ph3i.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's dinner - 12/29/16??

Well, this week flew by! What's on the menu for everyone today??

Old favorite - Clam Linguine and garlic bread here. Ran across a recipe for a peanut butter bread the other day and I can just taste this toasted for my breakfast, so will make it today.
www.achefsjourney.com
I made a Bolognese sauce in the Instant Pot to put over a specialty pasta that I had purchased a while back and never used. It's by la Mollisana and is called Caserecci. It looks like this:

http://www.recipetips.com/glossary-term/...-pasta.asp

Also picked up a small eggplant to oven fry as a side. Last night, I started a bread dough similar to the 18 hour dough recipe, but it's for mini baguettes, similar to breadsticks and so incredibly easy to make. The last time I made these my grandson devoured them.
Maryann