Dinner Thread - 12/19/16 -- 12/25/16

Dinner Thread - Monday, 12/19/16??

What's for dinner today??

No clue here yet.  

P.S. Don't know why I don't do this more often  - just looked back at another week's dinners and remembered The Korean Beef & Rice dish - so, I'm going with that. I have leftover steak to use in it instead of ground beef.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Thread - 12/19/16 -- 12/25/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]D...)
Freezer diving. Took out two packages, one each of turkey and stuffing, and a small container of turkey gravy. All I need is something green and I think it will be Brussel sprouts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I just love that Korean beef & rice dish!!! - great way to use up l/o steak, also. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I haven't tried the Korean Beef recipe...maybe my first new recipe at the camper.

Tonight was spaghetti...learned a few tips on managing in a tiny new kitchen.  But we survived a couple of near disasters.  It wasn't my best, but it was good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
It does take different organizing skills, but you'll have it in no time, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner - 12/20/16??

What's on the menu today?? 

It's our Tuesday Bar Hopping night, so we'll have fun. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Have fun, Jean!

I'm doing a Thai style pork tenderloin stir-fry with peppers, onions, and mushrooms over Chinese noodles.
Maryann

Totally forgot about Tuesday night Wing night again!  Next week!

Tonight is Chicken Pot Pie.  I got smart today.  The boys were at Ocean Isle, so I had leftover spaghetti and prepped the whole pot pie for dinner while I was "home".  Just had to assemble and pop in the oven.  Big Grin

Good thing!  I stayed late at the office tonight.  Plus, William was ready for a cocktail and warm up for a while after being outside on the beach all day.  IT WAS COLD!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner - 12/21/16??

Hump Day - FINALLY. Today is the shortest day of the year!! It's all uphill to spring now.  Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin 

What's for dinner today?

Since we 'snacked' yesterday, we'll have the last of the split pea soup (sure enjoyed it!) and a ham sandwich.
www.achefsjourney.com
I just don't know...thinking about making some kind of soup. Chicken soup sounds good since the kiddos were kind enough to share their colds with me.

Tonight, we are making the family fruit salad since my in-laws aren't up to it these days. It's a big project and takes up the evening. We fill up a 5 gallon container by the time we are done. This is probably the best Christmas gift we could give my mother-in-law. She would make this every year for Thanksgiving and would have it for breakfast and lunch for weeks. It gets better and better as it ages, making me wonder if it starts to ferment since it seems to make everyone really happy. Big Grin So, at least half of this will be going to Lois, and the rest will be used for our holiday gatherings.
Maryann