Cuisinart recall
Information    
Cuisinart has issued a voluntary recall for food processors with blades containing rivets. 

Go HERE to see if your food processor is part of the recall. If it is, there will be a form on the page for you to enter your address for Cuisinart to send you a replacement blade. 

P. S.: Their website is really busy because of the recall, so you may need to try a couple of times.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Cuisinart recall by labradors (Cuisinart has issued...)
I taped the portion of the news about this yesterday so I could contact them about mine. thanks for the link, Labs
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks, Labs!  I'll have to wait until I go home to check mine.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thanks, Labs. Not sure what that means about the blade having rivets, but I'm going to look at mine now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
The link has pictures of the difference between the riveted and non-riveted blades. My DLC-10E definitely had the rivets. In fact, a little while back (about a year, but I don't remember exactly), my blade did, indeed, break around one of the rivets and I bought a new blade, so the new blade they'll be sending for the recall will be replacing a relatively new riveted blade.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
I'm still trying to figure out if I have a recall or not - Mine is a DLC-10S (S not 5) TX it has rivets but not problem with it..... I'll call in the a.m. and see what they say.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Still haven't gotten on the website yet, but I just wanted to thank you again, Rob. Ron just looked at the blade on mine and not only does it have rivets, but it's cracked around one of them and I didn't even know!

I think that they owe you a refund on the blade that you purchased since it's defective and they are replacing them, don't you?
Maryann

I agree, Maryann!  Labs, I'd probably call about that!  I think mine has the rivets also, but I won't know for sure until Saturday.

Good luck, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
If you do have rivets, request a replacement. If yours has any cracks, don't use it until the new one arrives. Mine has the rivets, however, it is fine. So if I need to use it in a pinch, I'll inspect it before I use it and again after I'm done to make sure it is still the same.

My experience has been that Cuisinart has excellent customer service, so I'd always call them if anything broke before replacing it myself. Things like the plastic bowls do show wear and tear after lots of use, but other parts have stood the test of time. I received a response to the blade replacement on 12/13/2016 with a confirmation number and will post when I actually get it.
It took several attempts, but I finally got on the website and filled out the online form to get a replacement. Smile

ETA: Update 1/21/2017

It's been four weeks and no sign of my replacement. Has anyone else received it? Thinking maybe I should call.....
Maryann