DINNER THREAD - 12/12/16 - 12/18/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 12/12/16 - 12/18/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Good for you, Daphne!!! example of making lemonade out of lemons, eh?? Smile Smile Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 12/17/16??

What's on the menu for today? 

I've thawed out a steak and have leftovers from the zucc dish of yesterday. Think I'll check thru [email=C@H]C@H[/email] library for something to do with Swt. potato.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
What's not to love about that zucchini casserole! Yum. Kind of reminds me of a quiche, only without the milk.

Speaking of quiche, we had some fresh broccoli that needed to be used, so I made a simple broccoli and cheese quiche (no crust) this morning to have for brunch. That will hold us over until later today when we are driving to Akron to have dinner and go to the Oakridge Boys Christmas show.

Trixxee, have a wonderful time in Vegas! If you remember, take pics of food and your suite! I have only ever stayed in a suite one time and that was in New Orleans, sharing it with Heather and James. We loved it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oakridge Boys??? You passed that off as an everyday occurrence, Lady!!  How fun!!!

I've upped the ante on dinner today - Surf &Turf. Going to try sous vide on the lobster with truffle butter and top steak with a little also. Really rough eating out of the freezer........................  Heart Tongue
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, I didn't think that anyone would actually take notice, Jean. Big Grin We really enjoy going to concerts and try to go to a few every year.

So, we're going to leave here shortly and go to the Barley House for bar food and beer before the show.

http://www.barleyhouseakron.com/menu
Maryann

Surf & Turf at its best - One of the best dinners I’ve ever made….even tho I overcooked the darn (!) steak. I always pull my steak at 118° but this one got away from me and I didn’t get it until 130° - way too done for me! But, combining Dave’s (Chef Dave Nelson) method for lobster and what I like, gave us the perfect lobster. It was so buttery, tender, juicy – I could not ask for better results!! And, the Rib Eye was such a tender piece, that even overcooking it didn’t completely ruin it. Thank heavens.

Lobster – I par-boiled the loosened lobster (these were the little guys grocery stores always put on sale) for 1 ½ min. in boiling water. Sous Vide at 130° for 18 minutes with slices of Truffle Butter. Perfect – 18 minutes was up as the steak was resting. And, a little more Truffle butter at serving. I had a side dish that I didn’t even bother with – just surf & turf and 14 Hands!!
[Image: DEc%2017%20steak%20Lobster_zpslvja1orc.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
YUM!

We are at the lake washing clothes, so steak and baked potato tonight.  I may have to hit my steak with butter and truffle salt.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner - 12/18/16??

What's on the menu for today?? 

Either leftovers (no more lobster, tho,  Sad  ) or waffles &  ham with an egg on top for the Mr. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
One of the best concerts I ever attended was many years ago in Atlantic City: Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers with Roger Miller.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Labs, I'm so glad you are on here! What can I use instead of photobucket to upload pix to the forum?
Maryann