DINNER THREAD - 12/12/16 - 12/18/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 12/12/16 - 12/18/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I was Trixxee, believe me!!!! It was fun to be with the 'group' again. Smile

Hey, good for you, Daphne!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner  - 12/14/16??

What's for dinner??

We split Fish & Chips last night and were able to bring home 2 beautiful piece of halibut AND, I have pizza dough thawed out, so I'm making my (and Maryann's) favorite  Creole pizza. Haven't made it for a couple years.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Grilled teriyaki chicken thighs, jasmine rice and stir fried baby bok choy.  Easy.
We are doing a repeat of last night or spaghetti.  

But I'm ready to get cooking now.  I'm starting with easy old standby dishes until I get my kitchen stocked properly.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Been a while and no fresh bell peppers, but a decent Creole Seafood pizza in spite of it all.

[Image: dec%2013%20005_zpslcxiawpz.jpg]
[Image: dec%2013%20008_zps6czgnxfa.jpg]

As usual, wonderful leftovers of Fish (Cod) & Chips from Downriggers in P.A.! Which magically morphed into a Creole Seafood pizza today!
www.achefsjourney.com
Your pizzas are calling my name, Jean! Yum! So happy for you that you finally got out.

All your dinners this week sound delicious. I'm heading to FB next to see Trixxee's steak. That recipe sounds so good.

Last night, I made Ron's favorite liver and onions that is usually his birthday dinner once a year. Somehow, I forgot all about it until yesterday, so finally made it for him along with mashed potatoes and frozen peas. He was so very happy. I thought it was okay. Not having grown up eating it, I'm not a huge fan, but can manage it once a year. And, it was very tender, so smothered with lots of carmelized onions, it wasn't too bad.

Tonight, I made corn chowder which was enough for me, and Ron warmed up the l/o liver and onions.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'd be real hard-pressed to make liver & onions for Roy - liver is probably the one food I just can't do. Altho, I do have a liver stroganoff I can handle maybe every couple of years, maybe.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner - 12/15/16??

What's on the menu for today? 

We've been doing so well eating out of the freezer, it's looking pretty good! And, wow, the $$$$ I've been saving buying just fruit and veggies - amazing. :Smile Back to the freezer today, but not sure what we'll have.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have a pork tenderloin marinating in a Thai sauce and some stir-fry veggies. Might add some Chinese noodles to it.

Today is cookie baking day. Double batches of dough is made for raspberry/almond thumbprints, snowballs, sugar cookies, nut horns, and peanut blossoms. We got blasted with snow, so it's a good day to do this. Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
And, my cookies are all made!! Smile

Decided to go easy - combined marinara & pesto with a little pasta plus zucc spiral thingees and misc. chunks of cheese from the freezer topping it.
www.achefsjourney.com