Air Fryer ?
  Re: Air Fryer ? by madmax (Hi All, I'm reall...)
Wish I could remember the brand of countertop oven that Cis bought a while back. She absolutely loved it because it was also a convection oven and had a rotisserie. As I recall, it wasn't overly expensive either.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
This is the one I bought Tracie - I love it. EXCEPT for making that awful pumpkin pie in it (don't know what happened there! ). Sharp Microwave/Convection  oven - Model R-930CS

[Image: Sharp_zpsg56sxmxq.jpg]
I think you'd be very happy with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
So would I! Thanks, Jean. We have been looking for a new microwave. I forgot you bought one.

Tracie, nice to "see" you. Wink
Maryann

I agree about reading reviews.  I've discovered they are invaluable!  And I got a fryer exactly like Alina's, just a different brand.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We just bought a new fryer recently as well and it's very similar to the one Alina posted. Ron absolutely loves it because it heats up to the correct temperature accurately and quickly recovers the temp as well. Crispy food and not greasy at all.
Maryann

Hijacking Tracie's thread here for a minute. Next to cleaning the slicer at work, I hated cleaning the deep fryer!! How often do they have to be cleaned - every time because none of us eats fried food that much (I don't think, anyway Smile ). ???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks for all the info. lots to think and look at.  Really like the microwave/ convection is really nice, well better start saving.

Hi Maryann Smile
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Maryann

Ok, don't stone me, but I don't clean mine that often. I clean it when the oil becomes murky. I wash the basket each time, and wipe the rim and the outside. I hated cleaning my old round DeLongui. However with the new one, I've got it for my birthday in February and emptied and cleaned it about a month ago. It was so easy. The oil container comes out, so I poured the oil into a couple of milk carton which I closed and put in the freezer until it was time to take the trash out. I then washed the container in the sink. I ran the bottoms elements under very hot water and put them on a paper towel, and just wiped the top motor part. I washed the outer container in the sink with hot water and soap. Dried everything and put it back together. So easy.

When full of oil, I store the bottom under the stove. I take the elements out, let them drain on paper towel and then store on top in a plastic bag.                           

[Image: 51m8zoNRfmL._SL1024_.jpg]                                [Image: 61pQmYQPgTL._SL1000_.jpg]                                                                                       I am very anal about using a fine mesh spoon any bits out of the oil as soon as I'm finished frying. That way the oil stays clean for a long time.  I use TJ's sunflower oil to fry.
thanks Alina for your prospective on these darn things.
www.achefsjourney.com