Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I'm not sure what to do.  At 2:00 we have Michael's final IEP meeting and while they always go swimmingly, I'm drained at the end for some reason.  I feel like we're under a microscope even though that is definitely not anyone's intent.  This year he has a new case worker - this is her first year doing this - she's young and is so enthusiastic.  Last night at midnight she emailed me some very valuable information on how to construct a winning resume and all kinds of tips for having a successful interview (one example of how helpful she is). One of the things that keeps me up at night is what kind of a job (very first job and first career job) will Michael get? 

I feel like we have tools in our tool belt now!  I personally was never good at putting together a resume and I am so shy I was not a good interviewee so that kind of stuff is always in the back of my head for Michael.

Anyway, long story short we might just get something from a little local mexican place.  Smile
"Anyway, long story short we might just get something from a little local mexican place."

and relax!! The background you & Tony have given Michael - he has the tools to do very well on his job search!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks Jean!
Yes, what Jean said! Trixxee, you have to know in your heart that you and Tony have been amazing parents and you should be proud of all you have done to help Michael. Try not to worry! He will do well. Smile

We decided to put up Christmas decorations today. So, I took out some l/o lasagna from the freezer, dressed it up with a little more sauce and cheese and warmed it up slowly. Garlic bread and a tossed green salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I agree with everyone else, Trixxee.  Michael has a bright future ahead of him thanks to two wonderful parents!

Maryann, I hope you guys can come back soon.  You're going to think I'm crazy, but we all passed up the last Kim's Spicy Chicken today.  William and I split an Indy special.  Totally forgot to take a picture!It's the whole pork tenderloin they pound out into a giant disk about the size of a hubcap, get a good crispy crust on it and serve it on a regular sized bun with mustard, lettuce and tomato.  It's hilarious looking!

Mom came by this evening, so we joined her for dinner.  She and I shared a large salad and an order of chicken wings.  William got a Greek Grilled Chicken Salad.  STUFFED!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Good Lord, the dishes you are trying lately, Daphne!! Smile Bet it won't be long before you're 'hankering' for just plain ole home cooking!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/2/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today?

The split pea soup yesterday was so good - it's been a while. Today, it's pasta w/marinara and leftover chicken pieces.
www.achefsjourney.com
Can  you believe after almost 50 years of making split pea soup and including it in cookbooks, I finally remembered to take a picture????? geez. Confused

[Image: Dec%201%20Split%20Pea%20Soup_zpsyn8owml5.jpg]

Also, have taken a 'vow' - for the next week I will NOT  cook anything from scratch...I have got to get the freezer down a bit. A good bit!! I can't even make Christmas cookies!! Wish me luck!
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, that just looks amazing. Now I want split pea soup!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Saturday's Dinner - 12/3/16??

What's on the menu for today?

I'm roasting some chicken pieces and found a container of baked beans in the bowels of the freezer.....
www.achefsjourney.com