Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thinking about pizza and how I haven't made one in over a week. Big Grin Hmm...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
please don't put pizza in my mind.....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, I'm sure you can find lots of goodies in the "bowels" of your freezer that would deliciously top a pizza. Wink
Maryann

Tongue   Big Grin
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Having an early birthday celebration for my mom at The Yard House.   I'm craving their ahi poke stack.  Sister's family is coming too.
Makes me want some split pea soup, too!  

Good comeback about the pizza Maryann!

We ordered Dominoes last night.  It was pretty goo!

Tonight we are back home to do laundry, so we picked up steaks to grill.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Predicted snow down to 200-500’ elevation tonight, tomorrow and ????? So, we’re hunkered down with no reason to head out on the roads. Perfect day to start Christmas Cookie marathon. First up one of C@H Holiday Cookies book choice. Chocolate Chip with Crispy Rice Cereal – I make this one every year.

Side story, kind of sad cookie pkg. this year. Roy’s sister and her husband have been living in a Care facility for the last couple of years. Joan was always the greatest cook/baker and now I’m relegated to doing the baking for her. She’ll enjoy these. I’m going to send a batch a week until Christmas, so they can prolong the fun of getting goodies.

Happier pkg. will go to my Great-grandson who just loves getting food goodies in his Christmas pkg. And, lastly, my spoiled grandson, Jimmy, has to have a giant cookie every year, but he won’t share with his wife, so she gets her own now.
[Image: Dec%203%201st%20batch%20Xmas%20cookies_zpsa4rzawvy.jpg]

Now, to Daphne’s vinegar chicken!! Pulled my roasted chicken (only seasoned with Good Sh*t) at 170°F, sprinkled with seasoned Rice vinegar (started out subtle) and roasted another 10 min. We loved how the vinegar just popped up the flavor without adding flavor.
[Image: Dec%203%20Rstd%20chicken%20w%20vinegar_zpszqbjdwum.jpg]

This is such a aha thing. Last weekend, I made a family favorite – Bierox – and tried 3 different fillings. One was the family favorite, but I added vinegar and a little sugar. It didn’t change the flavor, but it just made the other flavors pop!! The minute I tasted the chicken, I knew it was the same principle. Thanks Daphne for getting me to do this and to do it so closely to also trying the bierox filling. The vinegar decanter is on the counter………………..
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I'm so glad you liked it!  It is such a simple little thing, but it does do big things to the flavor.  I do wonder if this is just a family thing or if others do it?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean, I thought the same thing the first time I made your pizza sauce recipe that calls for a tiny amount of balsamic vinegar. Now I find myself adding just a touch of balsamic, red wine, or rice wine vinegar to a number of recipes.

Your cookies look delish! And, what a thoughtful idea to gift cookies once a week to your SIL.
Maryann

Thanks Maryann - they will enjoy the treats.

Please remind me of the  sauce I make adding vinegar....pizza is on my list for this week and there are so many to go thru. Rolleyes

Re a family thing Daphne, it will soon enough be spread around....a shop owner/friend in So. Carolina left a msg. last night wanting to know more about 'vinegar chicken' We will be on our soapbox spreading the word. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com