Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Deep breaths, Daphne, and one step at a time... Wink

Jean, I have added nuts and raisins to the bread machine and that was only when the machine "beeped" to let me know that it was time for add-ins. Garlic, olives, cheese, what a superb idea. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
My machine must be really old - I don't get a beep for 'add ins' Piddle Maybe I'll remove the dough after the first rise and add whatever goodies and then let rise a 2nd time............

Yes, hang in there, Daphne!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, you can do that, but you really don't have to take the dough out. Just sprinkle your goodies in a few at a time during the last punch down, just prior to the final rise.

My machine has a French bread cycle with 3 rises, but all of the other cycles only have 2 rises.

Speaking of bread, I have a sweet dough in my bread machine right now that will be coming out shortly. I'm making two loaves of cinnamon swirl bread today. Ron loves it toasted for breakfast, and I will give one to his dad. Not sure what dinner will be tonight. Ron said he might bring home fried chicken from Giant Eagle's deli. Big Grin
Maryann

I made a batch of bread in the machine today - had fed sourdough to use up and watch the machine like a hawk and I only have one rise evidently on the dough cycle....hmmmm. will have to look for the pamphlet on it.

How can a person so dislike a dish when said person likes every ingredient in it??? Just boggles  my mind. I found nothing I liked about this Food52 recipe – Roy liked it very much, but he is so S.O.L. as far as me ever making it again.
Sheet Pan Roast Chicken and Cabbage

[Image: chix%20cabbage%202_zpslyscezwq.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I made Tyler Florence's chicken marsala and it was outstanding if I do say so myself.  Served it with a box of Far East rice pilaf w/toasted almonds.  Was a good combo.  Feel bad that I didn't make a salad but just been one of those homework weeks that I'm lucky to get anything on the table.

And the ironic thing - Michael's been working on an essay on Good Food/Bad Food and there wasn't vegetable on the plate other than mushrooms and a sprinkling of parsley.  LOL.
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16 by cjs (I made a batch of br...)
Jean, they can't all be gems.
@Thanks, ladies!  Today was not quite as scary.  I'm hoping I caught up enough today that tomorrow will be even better.

I agree, Jean.  That is weird!  But I must point out, I've only had the vinegar drizzle with plain fried chicken.  So keep that in mind if you try it with your experimental recipe.

Trixxee, that is so funny!  But you're a good mom, he knows what's supposed to be on a good plate of food.  He's been watching for what....17 years?  You got this!

William treated us for dinner.  We went to Oliver's.  He wanted a good salad. So he got the house and I got the Caesar.  I'll have to explain Jody later...Maryann, you may remember us telling you and Ron about him?  Anyway, he was at Oliver's, so William invited him to join us.  William was slick....Jodi wouldn't order a meal, so instead of just getting a salad and a half order of Oysters Rockefeller, he got a whole dozen, and he got the steak bites as well.  Jodi talked and talked and ate and ate!  LOL!  It was a heart warming evening.

I'm glad we got him a job working for the city and he now has benefits, but I kinda miss him a little.  Anyway, I feel we kept our promise to his mother that we would take care of him.  He will always be "family".

http://www.oliversonthecapefear.com/wp-c...OR-WEB.pdf

Oh, and the Rockafeller was excellent!  I'm not sure, but I think there was a bit of fontina in there?  YUM!  I've got to start cooking!  I'm developing a long list of favorites with so many choices now that we have rejoined civilization!

Maryann, you and Ron need to come back soon!  New restaurants are popping up all over!  From what I have heard, they are not your everyday places.  Next year's tourists are going to have quite a few new nice places to choose from!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
You're right, Trixxee - but it's sure irritating. Smile

I remember you talking about Jodi quite a few years ago, Daphne. As usual your 'stopping out' for dinners sound delicious.

I will try your vinegar chicken soon - I got side-tracked with this dish. Dodgy
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner - 12/1/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today?? 

Split Pea soup here and a fruit platter
www.achefsjourney.com
Daphne, yes, I do remember Jody and was meaning to ask you how he's doing, but you have answered that now. What great news that you were able to help him get a job with the city and get benefits. We both would love to come visit again and we will make it eventually. I'm glad you are enjoying all the new restaurants, but what I really want is Kim's Spicy Chicken. Big Grin

Not sure about dinner today. Ron has a doctor appointment this morning, then we may go out this afternoon.
Maryann