Dinner Thread - 11/21/15 - 11/27/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 11/21/15 - 11/27/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Haven't decided yet. Ron is on vacation for two weeks, so our schedule will be completely different than when he is working. We will probably be having a lot of easy meals since we will be out and about a lot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Two whole weeks!! Have a great time! Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
How fun that the two of you get to do some couples things!

We have been getting the large box of chicken these days and have it left over.  I have always loved cold cut up fried chicken with vinegar and lots of pepper.  I think there's a can of tomato soup in the cabinet, so I will probably warm that up,too.  It's cold here today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
" I have always loved cold cut up fried chicken with vinegar and lots of pepper. " Whoa!! What is this?? How do you serve it - drizzled with vinegar??? and what kind? this sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
YUP!  Plain ole cider vinegar!  And plenty of pepper and a sprinkle of salt optional!  That's a throw back to my mother's mother!  You are the first person that didn't think I was crazy!  LOL!   Angel
Daphne
So, you don't heat it, just drizzle with cider vinegar and a little salt and good grind of pepper and enjoy???? I have to do this.
www.achefsjourney.com
Nope, straight from the fridge.  I like to cut it up, because I like lots of vinegar coverage.  Start small and add more if you like.  For me, I like a lot and plenty of pepper.  But then, I like salt and vinegar potato chips.  Big Grin
Daphne
Daphne, I love my French fries and fried fish that way, so it only makes sense that chicken would be really tasty with vinegar as well! Can't wait to try that! We love salt & vinegar chips, too.

I have fond memories of Ron going up and down the entire boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ, looking for ketchup. We had purchased a huge tub of fresh cut French fries from Thrasher's, who makes the best French fries we have ever eaten. But, they didn't have any ketchup for Ron to dip his fries in, only apple cider vinegar, which made me very happy. By the time he gave up looking for ketchup, he decided those fries were pretty tasty with the vinegar!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I like those flavors - vinegar & salt - also, so I've got to get some chicken thawing out here. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I hope guys like it!  I've loved it since I was a kid!
Daphne