Dinner Thread - 11/21/15 - 11/27/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 11/21/15 - 11/27/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Saturday's dinner - 11/26/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today?? 

The kids are leaving this morning - heading right into a west coast storm - so we'll just pick and collapse. Matthew is very high strung and can talk continuously and is very exhausting. But, it's been so fun to have them here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are headed home for a day...or a few...depending how nice it feels to be home and not living in a small space.  We probably would have stayed on for a while, but Andrew found a truck in town he thinks he can afford, so we have to come in to help with paperwork.  Plus I need to wash clothes.

Since that's today's schedule, I'll probably pick up steaks while in town.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Picking up a rotissiere chicken to go along with a few leftover T-Day sides.  There is no leftover turkey because all three of us decided we don't like turkey.  LOL.  That carcass was in the trash can 20 minutes after dinner ended.  Wink
looks like easy pickin's for all of us....but, Trixxee carcass in the garbage brought tears to the old eyes!! Smile Smile Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It brought tears to my eyes as well! I have made stock from two large turkeys already.

My daughters came over recently when I had a big pot simmering on the stove full of the chicken bones that they save for me. They said they could smell it out in the driveway! Right then and there, they both decided that maybe it was time to start making their own. Wink

Busy day today, so we'll be eating on the run. We have a really good Wendy's by our house, well run and quite popular. Might be a "Dave's Favorite" while we are out and about.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Good for them, Maryann!! Smile I remember when I had to TELL my kids - no more grabbing qts. dill pickles out of my pantry, they had to learn to do their own!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
LOL.  Tony even threw out the gravy.  The smell of anything turkey is just off-putting to him right now.  (I would have liked the gravy for my tonight's chicken and leftover stuffing).  Maybe I can make some gravy from the store bought chicken.  Blane told me how to do it a while back.
Yes, watching those carcasses go in the trash made me choke up.  I hope Ashley catches on next year!

We went truck shopping today and totally forgot to get the steaks.  William is still wrung out and I'll be doing laundry all evening, so I opted for a Souffers Lasagna.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner - 11/27/16??

What's on the menu for today??

I wasn't real happy with the new recipe I tried for my Mac & Cheese, so I think I'll try the old trick of adding a can of Mushroom soup and maybe some peas and ham. It calls for Gruyere and while I love that cheese, it was just too over-powering.  Need to get my split pea soup going with my ham bone. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Chilly and rainy/gloomy day here so the chicken noodle soup I planned on with the leftover rotissiere chicken will work out well.  Garlic toast on the side.