Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
So funny Jean.  I am finding that I have to spell everything out in detail anymore when Tony goes to the store.   Two recent things I had on the list:  12-pack of Fresca, box of Barilla rotini.

He came home with BLACK CHERRY Fresca and 2 boxes of Barilla PRONTO rotini, which is a big PITA to clean the pan you cook it in - sticks like crazy.

With you on the Guerrero tortillas.  We like those best too because they aren't overly thick.
Happy B'day to Ron.

I'm solo for dinner, so I'm making a bacon cheeseburger with home made fries and watch the UW-USC football game.

Guerrero here also.

[Image: 1_zpskhsoh4fq.jpg]
Well, it seems I'm in good company!!! Smile Smile Smile

You're right, Trixxee - I guess I can't rely on his memory anymore OR I have to go back to being the grocery shopper. And, let me tell you after 50+ years of being that, I have sure enjoyed since he took over 5-6 years ago Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner - 11/13/16??

What's on the menu for all today?? 

I screwed up the timing on the short ribs yesterday, so after marinating overnight instead of the 4+ hours,  we''ll have them today. With a cabbage (Tongue ) dish - I hadn't planned on making.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, do you like stuffed cabbage? I use regular cabbage for that.

It's always an event when I send Ron to the grocery store for something, and generally involves at least one phone call. Then, he wants to talk to me the whole time he is walking around the store looking for things, giving me a blow by blow commentary of how he can't find anything in this 'effin store!  Fortunately, I'm one of those rare people who likes grocery shopping, (probably due to 20+ years working as a sales rep.) I love checking out new items. Big Grin

Ron thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Dinner at the Hofbrauhaus tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Roy just said, "So, I'm not yhe only person around"   Wink

I don't think I have stuffed a cabbage, Maryann. I do have a recipe for a red cabbage gratin, so I'll just use this green one. And, look at stuffed for the other half.
www.achefsjourney.com
LOL at the phone calls.  Same here.  Though this morning I was kind of surprised I never heard from Tony when he want to Walmart for some staple shopping.  Now I know why - he forgot his phone.  Wink

Guererro tortillas rule!  Smile
Spewing coffee again!!!!!!!!!! Roy calls multi times also. This is all so funny.
www.achefsjourney.com
Lol! This shopping thing is just too funny!
I must be an oddball, I love grocery shopping and since I do all of it, no need to call CA, I'll wait until I get home to give her a blow by blow of what I couldn't 'effin find or what they were 'effin sold out of. She's found a way around that though, she'll take our dog for a walk, avoiding my griping, but also my need to show her almost every single thing that I did buy.

Tonight it's Bistecca Sandwich for me and a Bistecca Salad for her. Go Hawks!
I hope Bill weighs in on this one - have no idea how the Texans handle this one! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com