Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
Tony has a late afternoon meeting involving dinner with a potentially big customer from Latin America so I'm off the hook again with cooking.  I think Michael and I will have some sort of breakfast for dinner.  Could be egg sandwiches, blueberry pancakes or french toast.  We'll see.
Well, except for the leftovers I spawned with this soup, the pantry 'Southwestern Pulled Pork Stew' was very tasty and I guess it was a push because I did get rid of some leftovers, too. Blush

[Image: Nov%2011%20So.Western%20Pork%20Stew_zpsbczdfbhn.jpg][/img]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Looks like it's chicken piccata and asparagus tonight.
I told you to 'Sssssh' on the weather Blane, and now look outside!! Tongue Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It's dark, can't see a thing. Angel
Saturday's Dinner - 11/12/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have short ribs thawing and 3 different recipes to choose between for doing them in the IP. Finally going to be able to play with my 'winter' toys. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Hope you enjoy the IP as much as I do, Jean. When I cleaned out my freezer yesterday, I took out 2 bags of chicken bones, put them in the IP with 8 cups of water, an onion, celery, etc. and set it for 90 minutes, using the Manual button and high pressure. When it was done, I let it cool down naturally. Beautiful soup stock.

Dinner tonight will be something quick and easy, like soup and sandwiches. For Ron's birthday, I bought tickets for a Legends concert in Akron, so we don't want anything heavy that will make him sleepy. Wink

Tomorrow, which is actually Ron's b-day, will be celebrated at the Hofbrauhaus downtown with our girls and the kiddos. http://www.hofbrauhauscleveland.com/index.html They have the best wiener schnitzel! We haven't told Ron yet, as it's a surprise.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Hey, Happy Birthday, Mr. Ron!!!!! How fun to have a birthday weekend!!

Maryann - what a great idea for making the stock - thanks for posting it. I'm going to leave the darn thing on the counter and use until I really learn it!!!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Happy Birthday to Ron!

Tony's making meatloaf and roasted potatoes.  I'll manage to steam some broccoli.  Wink
Talk about frustration!!  Roy came home from the store..... on my list:

cabbage (we always buy Napa/Savoy) - he brought home the tough round regular cabbage
B. Sprouts (we always refer to Brussels Sprouts as this) - he brought a pkg. of fresh bean sprouts
Tortillas (we have a special brand - Guerrero (sp?) I'm so picky about tortillas) - he brought 2 pkgs. of off-brands

So, back to the drawing board......Piddle  Huh
www.achefsjourney.com