WTH!! Complete Failure
  Re: WTH!! Complete Failure by cjs (I've never baked in ...)
Aha!! Makes sense to me! I guess I have a tad more restraint plus a darn small house!!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Restraint? What is that????   Tongue
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Cool  Cool Cool Big Grin
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: WTH!! Complete Failure by cjs (:cool:  :cool: :cool...)
Jean forgive me from being thick, but what oven did you use? I my Breville Convection Toaster Oven everyday. The one thing convection generally does well is brown and crisp, so I am very confused. I've used the convection function on my large Dacor with glass as well with no problems. I'm glad your pie was edible after all. FWIW, I often have ugly pies since pie crust is my nemesis, but they usually taste as they should.
I have a Sharp Carousel Convection/Microwave and it's the first time I've tried to bake a pie in it. Maybe it's not the glass utensil then, but sure don't know what it was and I never bake to the prescribed time. I always start testing early, so that wasn't the problem. Interesting.

" I often have ugly pies since pie crust is my nemesis, but they usually taste as they should."

Oh, let me count the times I've had some pretty ugly ones, but I agree - the flavor is usually there. Smile

I may give a pie one more chance in this oven, but I'll give it a try with a dark metal pan and just see.
www.achefsjourney.com