DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
Good Lord, how long would it take us to go thru the liquor menu???????????? Undecided

The food looks delicious - is that cabbage with the meat??

Oh pumpkin waffles are delicious!! This is the recipe I used.

Pumpkin Waffles

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks for the recipe, MA.   Sounds really great.

Wow - look at that brisket!
Yes, thank you for the recipe Maryann. I'm going to try to make it next week. Mabel's BBQ looks amazing.

Tonight it's the Bistro Sandwich from the Sandwich cook book.
Pumpkin pancakes from issue #120. They were really good

Attached Files Image(s)

It was a toss up for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Friday was day 11 of working straight through.  We wanted to at least work Saturday, so we got a room for Friday.  William was so exhausted, he left the office at 3 and went straight to sleep.  I had to beg him to get up to eat dinner....poor thing.  I got wings with buffalo sauce and teriyaki sauce on the side. He was pleased to find Mama Fu's Lettuce Wraps on the board.  We didn't linger...he went back to bed.

Saturday, we made a late start, but we still managed to put out a map and complete field work on another job at the beach.  We picked up some beef tenderloin fillets on sale and a baked potato to share for an early dinner.

Today, we went to church, got a large chicken dinner box, and took naps.  Leftover fried chicken, Mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes and gravy are dinner....ate all the broccoli and cheese for lunch.  LOL!

Hopefully, we have caught up with enough rest to hit the ground running again tomorrow.  After thinking about how tired we were Thursday afternoon and Friday, I have suggested we stay over Thursday and Friday.  That way we will be more rested Friday and Saturday and be more productive.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Geez, Daphne - your schedule alone is wearing me out - just keep in mind you two are not spring chicks anymore!!! Hope William's not having anymore problems.

We had a simple Salami pizza for our snack  and because of the peanut/M&M concoction Tracie sent to Roy for his birthday, we snacked too much on it watching football and completely ruined our dinners - now we have almost a whole pizza leftover. Dodgy

For some reason everything I'm cooking the last couple weeks begets leftovers!!  I have post it almost covering one cabinet door to remind me of what's in the darn freezer!!! Ridiculous.
I have Razor clams, lobster and Caviar in the house and I can't even get to them. Huh
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by cjs ([size=medium]Geez, D...)
Daphne, it really does sound like an exhausting schedule. Was your business always that busy? Sounds like you need to get some help in there.

Jean, that pizza looks so good. Do you remember what blend of cheeses you used. I love how melty they look!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Mozz, Provolone & Jack are my favorites for Sausage, Salami, Pepperoni style pizzas. And, of course a little Parm to finish things off.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by cjs ([size=medium]Mozz, P...)
Thanks, Jean. Those are mostly mine as well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."