November Review Dinner?? Due Monday, 11/14/16
  Re: November Review Dinner?? Due Monday, 11/14/16 by cjs ([size=small][color=#...)
I'm sorry that more people didn't try this recipe. Such a simple dish and so much flavor. I wonder if the high calorie count prevented some from making this. I have to admit that it made me think about it, so I just didn't use a heavy hand with the sauce.

However, I did store the l/os in the sauce, then just removed all the skin and fat the next day to make chicken salad. Wowie!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: November Review Dinner?? Due Monday, 11/14/16 by cjs ([size=small][color=#...)
Definitely still on my to-do list.  Other things have just gotten in the way, including me not wanting to go anywhere near the shopping center where I like to buy a half a chicken from Sprouts.   I am going to try to get over there early Monday morning for my chicken.
Big Grin   Good, then let's leave this a sticky for a while longer.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Drove to Sprouts at 7:40 this morning for my 1/2 chicken.  LOL.  On the menu for tomorrow.  Tonight we have leftovers.
Made the chicken last night and it was delicious.  So moist and tender.  And like I said, I deconstructed the sides.  I am so glad I found a place that sells half chickens.

Thanks for the recipe Jean!
It's an all around winner for us!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, I am so glad you made it and liked it! Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
On to the cellar for this one. Cool
www.achefsjourney.com