Changing how the forum looks
Lightbulb    
Hi folks, the new format was driving me crazy ( I still hate the brown, but ...). However I was able to change a whole bunch of stuff to make it better for me. In case any of you care, I found the fix by hitting Portal, then going to My Profile, then on the left boxes after change password etc., there was an edit options line. I clicked on it and checked and unchecked boxes to suit me. Some of the changes I made include getting rid of the default mode in most cases, e.g., checking Cuisine Forum instead of Default., also see signature which brought back the box with the avatar, name, etc., changing how the time appears (I like seeing Saturday, October 22, 2016. Can't remember the rest but try it if you hate the defaults. Smile
  Re: Changing how the forum looks by Cubangirl (Hi folks, the new fo...)
Thank you! I'm off to make Karyn-friendly changes!!
Thank you so much!  I just fixed mine!  The default has you not receiving private messages from forum users!  GRACIOUS!  Plus I changed the ones you mentioned.   Big Grin

By the way, Karyn, you click on User CP in the upper right of any screen under where it says Welcome back in the top orange stripe.  Going to Portal didn't get me there.  But then I remembered I had been directed to the User CP link to fix something else.

We are making progress!  Now for everybody to agree on a color and then Tony can change that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'm always leery of messing with the 'default' settings, but I guess I can't screw anything up more than I have already, so I'll go try and find "Portal"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I didn't find it under portal.  I found it by clicking User PC.

Just discovered something new!  You know the black box that you click to Make New Reply at the bottom of the thread?  Below that is a drop window beside the word Jump To and my window has private message in it.  If you open that drop down menu, you can select User Control Panel.  Takes you straight to the screen where you can change you right preferences, etc.
Daphne
I've even lost the option "Make a New Reply" - all I get is 'quick reply' I'm ready to call it quits, it is so darn frustrating!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean!  Check your email!
Daphne
o.k.
www.achefsjourney.com
I can't access the site at all from my phone like I used to.  Oh well, didn't use the phone that much for this site anyway.  I just have no patience with changes or technology.  Wink
Oh, me either - especially after this weekend!! Would you post your problem in the tech area so Tony will see it - I'm sorry I can't help you.
www.achefsjourney.com