Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Dinner - Monday, 10/...)
Wow! No wonder you over-ate!!! Looks wonderful.

-------------------------
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/14/16????

What's on the menu for everyone today???

I'll come back - I have such a stack of notes for 'make now' that I've got to cull some out!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by Gourmet_Mom (I have spent the pas...)
Yes, you certainly have earned it, Daphne! The Grouper Oscar would be calling my name! We don't get it here all the time and I love it. Is the water still rising around you?

Dinner tonight will be black pepper fish (using cod) with stir-fried veggies and steamed rice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I don't like this at all - I saw when I came on Maryann was the last poster on this thread, so I clicked on it - and, of course I had to scroll all the way thru the earlier posters (I can't be sent to the  newest post!! Angry  )

Well, there was no post after mine from earlier this morning....so I scrolled up slowly to see if I could find anything. And, there it was 3 msgs. up from what is the last post.

WTH?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (I don't like this at...)
Yeah, I got confused as well. Now I'm wondering if it makes a difference which tab we click on at the top of the page?
(New posts vs. today's posts)

When I just came back to edit my response, I clicked on "last post" by my name and it did bring me to this.

What's the deal with the box for "edit reason"? Stupidity, spelling, what???
Who knows? Well, Tony does - but I got an email from him day before yesterday that he's escaped town until next week. We must wait with bated breath.....

(I'm posting this in the "quick response" box, so we'll see where I end up.....  Confused
www.achefsjourney.com
The grouper looks so good.

We just had sandwiches from this place that were pretty filling so we're just having some ham and white bean soup I pulled from the freezer.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/cortinas...e-orange-4
I click on the little green arrow and it takes me to the first post after my last post.

Maryann and Trixxee, grouper is one of my favorites, also.  Add the crab, and I'm over the moon!

Not sure about dinner.  After last night's dinner and a really late lunch today, dinner may just be wine.  We'll see.   Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
"dinner may just be wine.  We'll see."   Well, it is T.G.I.F. after all!! Heart

"I click on the little green arrow and it takes me to the first post after my last post."

But, as above, Maryann responded in a last posting but it was above my last post, so I didn't see it without scrolling up to see where the hell it was. Paint me frustrated.
www.achefsjourney.com
I guess I'll have to be careful and look up. I misunderstood what the issue was.

Regarding issues, I usually log on with my iPad. After I log in, I can switch to the full version, but even if I'm still logged in, it will go back to the mobile version of the iPad goes to sleep. Weird!

That's right! TGIF! I'm getting my days mixed up. We didn't work earlier in the week for fear we'd get flooded out and not be able to get home. Now we are working the weekend to catch up. It will be a week or two before I get my days back right.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Dinner - 10/15/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I made a batch of Picadillo dip yesterday and used some of it for an easy 'snack' last night with chips. today I'm combining it with pasta and goat cheese for dinner.

www.achefsjourney.com