Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Roy wants to know wh...)
I almost asked her the same thing, Jean! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Dinner - Monday, 10/...)
LOL.  Right index finger.  I don't even remember what I was pointing at. 

I'm so delicate.  Wink
I liked the frittata made from the leftover Hoisin Pork and Bok Choy Fried rice better than I liked the original dish. Smile Especially with a little drizzle of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
"Roy wants to know what finger you used.........................."
Lol!

It's nice and sunny here, so I'm grilling Steakhouse Mushroom Burgers with Creamed Spinach Sauce for dinner.
I forgot to set out the frozen barbeque, but I got my thinking cap on....small amount of water in my small Dutch oven, added the barbeque, and stuck it in the oven on low. I'm trying to decide if want to go to the trouble with coleslaw. Still no power. And we forgot buns at the store, so will have to make do with regular bread, which would get soggy with slaw. I think I just talked myself out of it. LOL!

I hope Roy gets better soon. And too funny about Trixxee's finger! Which finger indeed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
What's for Dinner - Thursday, 10/13/16??

We're having meatloaf sandwiches and I think I'll grill them again, the others were so good. And, a green salad. I picked up a bottle of a new dressing from Marie's which I have not seen before. Mango Chardonnay Vinaigrette.

Roy's been doing 90% of the grocery shopping in the last few years, so new products are popping up on the shelves that I've never seen or heard of. It was fun just wandering the aisles the other day. Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (What's for Dinner - ...)
We are having stuffed cabbage tonight. And, even though the cabbage has rice in it, I still have to make mashed potatoes for Ron to go with it. Since I'm trying to eat more veggies with my meals, I also made a veggie dish with Chinese broccoli and carrots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I have spent the past 6 days putting food on the table under adverse circumstances. Tonight, I get a hotel room in Southport and a night on the town at Oliver's. I think I've earned it. I'll try to remember to take pictures!

Plus no hour long drive into town tomorrow. The office is a couple blocks away!

http://www.oliversonthecapefear.com
Daphne
GOOD ON YOU, DAPHNE!! Enjoy and relax!
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh my!  Dinner was fantastic, and I definitely ate too much!  I'm having trouble with photobucket again.  Big surprise.  I'll keep trying.  Meanwhile, I'll describe dinner.  You can match up the dishes when I finally get them posted...if I do.

William ordered an appetizer of steak bites, medium rare.  They were so good, I asked for what they marinated them in.  The chef came out and said it was fresh garlic, fresh ginger, soy sauce, and soybean oil.they were served with LARGE serving of some of the best hand cut fries.  They were super crunchy!  That and a side salad would have been adequate for dinner, and likely what I will order  next time.

The soup du jour was right up William's alley.  It was a Rueben soup: cream based with fontina cheese, shaved cabbage and corned beef topped with croutons.  William said it was just like the sandwich he loves so much.  He got a spinach salad with a typical bacon vinagrette.

My entree was Grouper Oscar with a light Hollandaise, asparagus, and Butternut Squash Rissotto.  It was delicious!

Cricket sure would have loved the leftovers for dinner.  I'm still having trouble leaving food on my plate.  And I'm probably eating more than I used to.  I ALWAYS split my meals with her.  Half and half.

Let's see if this works. If not, ill send them to you, Jean.

[Image: dbbcda6f80bee9a00ce87c6ed9887ddc.jpg]

[Image: 10a940a94c7af9672a5dde057a22b231.jpg]

[Image: 9d094e854a0c1b35de6c4215db1dae1b.jpg]

[Image: 7699ced04f03095119d5621b6bbc4a4c.jpg]
Daphne