A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum
  Re: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by BarbaraS (It took me a while t...)
Go to 'User CP' - then you can edit everything.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by BarbaraS (And I guess we lost ...)
Barbara, go to your profile and scroll down to misc. then to subscribed threads. You will find your saved posts there.

FYI, the "quote" feature didn't work for me, so I'll post that under the problem thread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by Mare749 (Barbara, go to your ...)
I am at an age that hates change.  I just found my password that I have not used in over a year.  I am now struggling to adjust.  Please be patient with me as I work thru this.   Huh
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by BarbaraS (It took me a while t...)
Oh Bill, I am so with you!!

My biggest (I think) problem is finding current posts - I get a msg. that there are no new posts and then later I see some I never saw before!!! aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by BarbaraS (And I guess we lost ...)
You should not have lost any favorites.  I just checked, and the new database has you as having 43 favorited threads.  Go to User CP > left sidebar menu > Miscellaneous > Subscribed Threads.  Or else you can just click on this link: https://forums.cuisineathome.com/usercp....scriptions.  Let me know if you still have problems seeing your favorites.
It shows 'System Adm' posted 28 minutes ago and I sure can't see the posting on this thread......so frustrating.
www.achefsjourney.com
I just found the setting that pertains to it remembering posts you have read. I have set it to remember posts that you have read for 7 days. I can increase this if you guys want me to, though the more I increase it, the more the site is slowed down.
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, I so agree ...)
To save pictures in a smaller size on your computer, you can download a free program called GIMP. It is basically an open-source equivalent of Photoshop. Once you have installed it, open it, and then go to File > Open... to open your image. Then go to Image > Scale Image to downsize it. Then File > Save As. You'll want to save it as a jpg or gif file so that it is compressed. However, I just increased the image attachment size limit to 3 MB, so you should not need to bother with this unless your image is quite huge.
Old Bay - it took me days to figure out what expired email I used 7 or 8 years ago when I first joined.  Now I'm just never logging out.  LOL.
"I just found the setting that pertains to it remembering posts you have read. I have set it to remember posts that you have read for 7 days. I can increase this if you guys want me to, though the more I increase it, the more the site is slowed down."

So, after 7 days as it is set up now, we can't go back and review a response we/or someone has made on a thread?? Is that how it used to be? It seems we all go back to check out reviews of dinners/recipes/etc.

If I'm missing something here, someone who is more techie than me, can you answer what we want, please?
www.achefsjourney.com