Hurricane Matthew can kiss it!
  Re: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by redbedhead (Here I am in Coastal...)
I'm so sorry I've been AWOL! It actually had nothing to do with the storm, I've just been super busy at work. In Atlanta, we didn't even get any rain, so our drought keeps getting worse. Sigh...

Daphne, I hope you have power by now. I remember years ago what it to be without power after a storm for days at a time. It's no fun at all!

Jean, I hope Roy is feeling better. Poor thing. Old injuries can be the worst.

I'll try to be less absent this week! Blush
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by karyn (I'm so sorry I've be...)
Hi Karyn, nice to "see" you!
Yes, so good to hear from you!! Glad all is well, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I was pretty sure the storm didn't reach that far, but it's good to hear from you, Karyn. I'm sorry work has been so consuming.  I sure don't miss it!

Our power got turned back on Thursday night.  It was so good to get it back!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
My kids FINALLY went back to school today. It is far too quiet here  Confused
The water has mostly receded. There are still a few roads that have one lane covered. Normalcy is starting to feel within reach. 

Hope you are all doing well!
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by redbedhead (My kids FINALLY went...)
Wow, it sounds like you were really shut in for a while, Red! Glad the water is finally receding and the kiddos were able to go to school.

I know what you mean about things being quiet. My grandson was sick for a week and spent most of it with me. I felt kind of lonely when he went back to school!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Slowly things are returning to normal for you all - so good to hear.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Glad to hear your flooding is receding, Red.  I've been watching the river reports.  Luckily, out lake doesn't get any of its water for the overflowing rivers in our state, but being so close to the devastation has kept me watching.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.