Hurricane Matthew can kiss it!
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by labradors (Power was restored l...)
It's supposed to clear out later today.  Just a lot of rain and wind.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by redbedhead (Here I am in Coastal...)
good to hear from you, too, Labs!

Maryann, don't some of us (I need to search the bowels of my computer Blush ) have a list of all the forum member's email addresses we put together in case [email=C@H]C@H[/email] shut us off??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by cjs (good to hear from yo...)
Yikes. Not sure if I can put my hands on that or not, Jean. But, I'm thinking that Barbara probably has most of them from the secret santa gift exchange. Maybe she could let us know if she does and anyone who is missing could PM her to be put on the list? When I have a chance to look, I'll go through my files, too.

Did Red check in yet? What about Karyn?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by Mare749 (Yikes. Not sure if I...)
Yes, I have snail mail addies for the SS participants, not necessarily the email addies.  Facebook would be a way to get in touch.  It's what I did before I realized I had to clear out all my cookies.  Which is a PITA, if you ask me.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
I'm still here.  We've been helping Sally today.  She and William grew up together.  Her house is in a mess, but her husband knew a guy with a boom that does tree removal and he Giotto her earlier today to remove the tree from the house.  Two giant limbs pierced through the roof and went through the floor to the ground and luckily kept the main part of the tree across the roof.  (Which they just put a new roof on late Spring.). Sally was so lucky.  She was sitting in a corner of her kitchen I'm still here.  We've been helping Sally today.  She and William grew up together.  Her house is in a mess, but her husband knew a guy with a boom that does tree removal and he got there,earlier today to remove the tree from the house.  Two giant limbs pierced through the roof and went through the floor to the ground and luckily kept the main part of the tree across the roof.  (Which they just put a new roof on late Spring.). Sally was so lucky.  She was sitting in a corner of her kitchen between where the two limbs came through.

Now comes the wait.  I just got a voicemail from Duke Power that said that due to the widespread outages across the state, it will be several days before power is restored. And a friend got word that the main feed to our area that is damaged is under water.  So restoration is going to be a long way away.  Thankfully, the temperatures are cool.  Aside from the power outage, we have a boil water mandate and a warning of further interruptions of water service in the days to come.

If all that's not enough, the water is rapidly rising.  The waters from the swamps to our north are already across the road that runs parrellel to ours like it did in Floyd, but sooner.  Half our property across the road is already under water.  It will probably be across the road by morning.  If you look at my avatar, the water level below Sally's pier is already a couple of inches below her pier.  And this is just day one.  With areas of our state getting 15  inches of rain that got very little during Floyd and dams breaking on major rivers around the state, Southeastern NC is going to have major flooding issues in the next few days.

Probably TMI but that's where we are tonight.  We can charge devices in the car until our gas runs out, so I should be able to check in tomorrow.  

Oh, and Andrew finally made it out of Savannah and got to Beaufort, SC with generators.  His friend will probably get another truck load delivered and make their way toward home where there are many more needing them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Just seems so unreal, Daphne - and how useless the rest of us feel for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm still here.  We'...)
I finally found my password!  I have not used it in over a year!  
Daphne and all, I feel your pain.  We lost power for a week during Ike. It was horrible, but we survived.   Hang in there, you all are in our prayers and I am I am so late in responding.  All our love,Bill & Jane.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm still here.  We'...)
Daphne, this all sounds like such a nightmare. Hoping it won't get any worse. Stay safe. I hope it doesn't take Andrew too long to get back home. Big hugs for all of you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Andrew finally made it home last night.  An hour and a half drive turned into a 3 1/2 hour drive due to road closing.  Water is still rising.  The lake is starting to back up into yards.  But businesses in town have power, so that is better than when Floyd came through.  We have heard days and possibly a week before power is restored.

Oh and Andrew brought a generator home that we will share.  And Verizon is giving unlimited data up through tomorrow.  I'm wondering if that may be extended and more counties added.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wow Daphne, sounds so surreal.  Hoping the power is on earlier than what is being said.