Hurricane Matthew can kiss it!

Here I am in Coastal NC meal planning for a hurricane. We do have a generator so I only have to be mildly creative. I went to the store today and got an assortment of beans, some canned tomatoes, some meats that I'm freezing and turning into 'ice packs' until I have to cook them, and of course, bread, milk, and eggs. No hurricane meal is complete without the french toast . Smile

Hope you all stay safe and dry!
  Re: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by redbedhead (Here I am in Coastal...)
O.k., so now 'Red' is added to our worrying re the Carolina's. You and Daphne please stay safe!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm in the same boat, Red! And we've got to get two houses ready! Mom and our business are subject to be in the eye of the storm. And we aren't far away. As a matter of fact, we may go to the office in Southport and let Andrew watch out for the house. WAY too many trees in my yard! I'm sending Mom to her church. They will be able to provide food and more comfort than what we will have if we go to the office.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Both of you please keep us posted as you can. Who else is in the path???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by cjs (Both of you please k...)
Waiting to see. So far, tomorrow's market has been cancelled, but now it looks like there may not be any influence from Matthew until late Friday.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm in the same boat...)
Everyone stay safe!   You will be in my thoughts over the next days.  Please keep us posted when you can.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Oh for Heaven's Sake - Lab's - of course you're in the path. Don't know where my mind was. You and your Mom - stay safe!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Looks like us North Carolinian's can breathe a little bit easier today! 

Hope everyone else stays safe!!!
Not totally out of the woods, yet, but confidence is high!  

Labs, stay safe!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by redbedhead (Looks like us North ...)
Stay safe everyone!  My brother lives near Labs and is due to fly here tomorrow. We are hoping that high winds won't prevent his flight.  And, of course, we are hoping there won't be a lot of storm damage like they had a few years ago.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."