Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16
Question    
Well, here we go - Blane started a thread for our dinners for 10/3, so we'll just from here.

What's for dinner,  10/4/16??

I'm not sure what we're doing today yet.

But, yesterday this is what we had -
We had 'fried' meatloaf sandwiches and they were so good with heirloom tomatoes.
]

So, the above didn't work.............
[Image: Oct%203%20Meatloaf%20sandwich%202_zpse7oi9pfl.jpg]

O.K., I'm with the program now!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16 by cjs (Well, here we go - B...)
Sorry, I forgot that I had to create that bit of custom MyCode for the image tags.  It is done now.  You should be able to use [img] or [image].
Tonight it's the Southwestern steak from issue #61.

Picture test;
[Image: 3_zpsxtvxgvp7.jpg]

That was easy! Cool
I still don't get how y'all are adding emoticons.  Not to mention Blane's different font styles.

Tonight is shrimp pot.  Found shrimp on sale.  Saving half for the dinner review after we get through this storm.  We stayed late trying to finish a job, and we are working on getting the house ready for the storm.  About a month ago, we had a really bad storm, and rain got into the house.  So we are putting storm windows back up.  Lots to do.  Hurricanes are a pain!

Oh!  I got it now!  I have been using the app version instead of the full version! Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner, 10/5/16

What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having Lobster Melts and a green salad (my 2nd batch of lettuce is up and producing!) Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Finally remembered my email (deleted many years ago by yahoo due to inactivity). 

We are having taco salads. 

Jean - I love "fried" meatloaf.  Love the crust.  Great picture Blane!
Chicken enchiladas and chopped salad here. No volleyball practice for Miss 11 today, so I'm letting her cook  Smile
Red, we need/want to know more about you - if you're comfortable with sharing a little (or a lot!!) of your background/life. Shy
www.achefsjourney.com
Thank you Trixxee.

I'm a little late, but welcome Red. It's great to have a new voice on this forum. Smile

Dinner is the Southwestern steak that I was going to make last night.
We worked kinda late today, so we picked up a couple packs of store made sausages from Lowe's that are going on the grill.  I'll let you know what we think.  One is the Greek God with Greek style spices, and the other is called the Grill Master which is described a steakhouse blend of beef and pork .  

They also had two called the Florentine with spinach and Italian cheeses and the Buffalo Blue, but William was not keen on chicken sausage.  Maybe next time.  Dodgy

Okay, raw, the Greek God smelled like the best.  The Grill Master didn't seem to have much smell to it. I decided to serve them on hot dog buns with honey mustard.  William chose a sweet and spicy mustard.  Cooked, the Grill Master won out.  

We have decided this will a fun thing to do each week....grill the one we liked best and try a new one.  So next week I get to try the Buffalo Blue with a Grill Master.  But the left over Greek of sausages won't go to waste.  I've decided they will be best served with a little marinara on pasta.  

A side benefit with all this experimenting?  Lots of fun sausages in the freezer to play with on the weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.