Online Dinner # 5
  Re: (...)
Well, how's about we start thinking of the next menu and about when we want to post our reviews? Suggestions anyone?
Newbies, feel free to jump right in. Someone who hasn't had a turn yet? C'mon don't make me beg
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Online Dinner # 5 by farnfam (Well, how's about we...)
I'm ready for anything!!! Lasagna was not a favorite here BUT it is now!!!! I think something beef or shrimp??? But that may not be readily available to everyone---sooo, don't matta!!! How 'bout cjs---on the road--what would be best for you??? See---we're EASY!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by Roxanne 21 (I'm ready for anythi...)
I don't eat much shrimp, but I am a carnivore at heart!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by Lorraine (I don't eat much shr...)
I'm still behind on Dinner #4, but can hardly wait for a decision on Dinner #5!! Who says you can only have one special meal a week!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by Bizymomma (I'm still behind on ...)
Well, go ahead then Lorraine, pick a nice Beefy type dish from a C@H issue and we shall all cook it with glee (also with sidedishes and desserts most likely)
Cynthia
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by farnfam (Well, go ahead then ...)
Beef it is!!!! Go Lorraine! We all should have a turn! That's part of what makes this unique and fun! It helps us explore eachother's tastes and desires!! So far, it's worked out pretty good. For the most part I can say the only thing that's been a partial disappointment is the gorgonzola polenta.... which wasn't ALL bad, just not great!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by Bizymomma (Beef it is!!!! Go Lo...)
How about Beer Braised Brisket from [Email]C@H[/Email] Oct '04 for a main? With a Gingered Lemon Bar for dessert? I don't know where it's from, but I have the recipe.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by bjcotton (How about Beer Brais...)
Beer Braised Brisket sounds great to me...just don't ask me to say it 10 times fast.

Edited to add: Will we make the Rissole potatoes from the same issue? I love those!

Oh, and for dessert, I'd like to make the Raspberry Cheesecake Truffle Brownies from Issue 45, June 2004.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by TwilightKitten (Beer Braised Brisket...)
EXCELLENT!!! Beer Braised Brisket it is then, are we agreed? Desserts of each ones choice. Rissole potatoes sound lovely as well. And what shall the green veggie be?
As for me, there is not one green veg I do not love, with the possible exception of okra, and that may just be I've never had it prepared right.
  Re: Re: Online Dinner # 5 by farnfam (EXCELLENT!!! Beer B...)
There's a recipe in Issue 44 for Creamy Parmesan Spinach with Toasted Bread Crumbs that looks yummy. Just a suggestion...
Tammy