Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16??
  Re: (...)
Good Sunday Morning everyone! What's for dinner today??

Oldie here - Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by cjs (Good Sunday Morning ...)
I guess I must have let my subscription lapse because I haven't received the new issue but Denise posted the buffalo burger recipe on FB so we're going to try that.

Poor Michael will be eating applesauce, toast, ginger ale, etc. All of a sudden yesterday he came down with a cough, fever, vomiting, body aches and general malaise all within one hour. Luckily it hit on a 3 day weekend - hoping he is feeling good enough to go to school on Tuesday. I've asked a couple of nurse friends of mine and this crap is definitely going around.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by Trixxee (I guess I must have ...)
Aww, not a good way to start the school year, huh??

I've changed my Salisbury steak a little - I had lots of sauce left from the Shrimp w/tomato & feta sauce yesterday, so instead of a beef gravy, I'll use this sauce. still over mashed potatoes. and a couple a grilled zucc from the garden.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by cjs (Aww, not a good way ...)
This was a very tasty dish - the Salisbury steak patties with the sauce from yesterday's Baked Shrimp, Tomatoes & Feta.
[Image: sept%204%20004_zpsofzdsulw.jpg]

and this is a very good salad -
spiralized zucchini
Gruyere cheese
chives
Kalamata
hard-cooked egg
broccoli
cherry tomatoes
Honey-Mustard dressing
topped with candied pecans

Great flavors
[Image: sept%204%20003_zpslxzlykww.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by cjs (This was a very tast...)
Geez! I still haven't had a chance to use my spiralizer yet! I need an extra day off and a bucket list of things I want to do with it!

Since we are working tomorrow, we decided to do our Labor Day feast today. Grilled hot dogs with chili and KFC Copycat Coleslaw on the side...or on the dog (in my case, AND BUNNY BUNS! YUM!

Totally forgot baked beans, but I've been thinking that I may try to bust out with burgers and beans tomorrow and use up more of my slaw and chili.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Geez! I still haven...)
That's a bummer Trixxee, I hope Michael is better ASAP.

I was going to make clam chowder, but the Sun's out and Carylann suggested Cubanos.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by losblanos1 (That's a bummer Trix...)
We went to the lake to watch the Blue Angels do their show, then everyone came back to our house for dinner. We set up tables outside since the weather was finally comfortable enough to do that. A good time was had by all.

Ron smoked a pork shoulder in the smoker yesterday for pulled pork sandwiches. We also had brats, coleslaw, potato salad, deviled eggs, and Chocolate Eclair Cake. I am done cooking for the weekend.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by Mare749 (We went to the lake ...)
That all sounds good Maryann! Yum.

I did chicken breasts in the Anova. They were stuffed with roasted red pepper, mozz., capers, and fresh hers. Quickly browned in olive oil to finish with a white wine reduction, green beans with citrus salt, and toasted baguette. Yum
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by Harborwitch (That all sounds good...)
That sounds delicious, Sharon.

Trixxee, I hope that Michael is feeling better by now. That same virus is going around in our part of the world as well. My daughter has been really busy at the hospital.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/4/16?? by Mare749 (That sounds deliciou...)
Thank you guys. He is much better but has a lingering cough.

I wonder if it's the flu? How can you ever tell?