Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner for everyone today??

Not sure here - I made a list of about 8 dinners which I have everything for...now, to decide.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
I'm not sure either. William had something to do here, so I'm not at the office. It's possible he may leave me here? If he does, it may change what we have for dinner. Although, I would not have transportation. HMMMM?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure either....)
Maryann's review dish.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure either....)
Well, what a surprise to see your name so early!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by cjs (Well, what a surpris...)
Oh Trixxee, I'm jealous, and the suspense will drive me crazy! LOL!

I know, right?!?! I got to stay! And I got to run out for supplies! Of all the great ideas I could be playing with, I chose to make an old favorite comfort food, country fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, and peas. I've been craving it for a while, but it's been so hot, and we get home so late, this is too labor intensive and major clean up, I haven't been motivated to make. Temps have been down, so this is the ideal time to give in to the craving!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Trixxee, I'm jeal...)
Trixxee, I really hope you like the review dinner. I might not get to it until the weekend.

Daphne, your dinner sounds scrumptious. Gosh I love southern food! We really need to head south!

We had l/o grilled pork chop since they were so thick. So, Ron sliced it paper thin and we are going to make Banh Mi sandwiches, except that I didn't make the rolls. I purchased some bakery rolls, but I did make the pickled vegetables to go on the sandwich. We might have some french fries with it.

This afternoon, I made a pot of spaghetti sauce and meatballs for family dinner tomorrow night. It smells so good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, I really ho...)
Wow Maryann! You and Daphne are making dinners that I'd love.

Tonight is bacon wrapped fillets (from Costco) and a broccoli casserole. We've been off our feed and our pro-biotics lately so lots of veg!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by Harborwitch (Wow Maryann! You an...)
I found a recipe from Taste of Home for a 'cheap & dirty' 'smoked' chicken sliders which I made yesterday and it was surprisingly tasty!! Had sandwiches topped with cole slaw.

BBQ Chicken Sliders

Just a note - I followed the recipe exactly - for the amount of liquid smoke!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by cjs (I found a recipe fro...)
Thanks, Jean. I will have to try this one as we love smoked chicken. Might only put half the chicken in BBQ sauce and save the rest for chicken sandwiches with lettuce/tomato/mayo. Hmmm, probably a piece of bacon too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/24/16?? by Mare749 (Thanks, Jean. I will...)
bacon would have finished mine off yesterday!!
www.achefsjourney.com