Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Yesterday, trying to clean out freezer, I made a fruit pie with a really nice combination of fruits - blackberries and plums. Only made a half pie, but wish I had more now....glad I don't!

Dinner today will be out of the freezer, too. Have to go look at the new issue. (hope you're looking, Maryann)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We had a crazy weekend, so I'm doing my last Blue Apron dinner tonight. Its Basques-Style Lamb and Beef Piperade. I'm taking this week off and then changing my delivery day to Tuesdays so that I don't have to plan for Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by karyn (We had a crazy weeke...)
This will certainly make your life easier, Karyn!! Enjoy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by cjs (This will certainly ...)
Two more days of summer here for us and then I'll be scrambling dinners. We have an appointment for Michael at a dermatologist this afternoon and wanted something easy for when we get back so Tony turned a grilled tri tip he made on Saturday into chili yesterday. Will just heat that up with some tortillas when we get home.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by Trixxee (Two more days of sum...)
Chili here also.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by losblanos1 (Chili here also....)
Trixxee, so glad you checked in. Hope everything is okay in your part of the world.

We have an assortment of l/os to use up, so I'll call this a "tapas" night.

Karyn, it sounds like your meal plans will be a lot easier during the school year. Please let us know if you are still happy with the service.

Jean, I had the kiddos today, so haven't had a chance to pick a review dinner yet, but will try to post one by tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, so glad you...)
Trixxe, I hope things are improving for you guys!

Karyn, I love that you found this service. I hope you continue to enjoy it! It sure does help with planning! What a time saver! One thing, and probably the only thing that I can say was better about teaching and what I'm doing now is that I got home early enough to fix dinner. Now I'm lucky to get home before 7 o'clock!

That said, we had another stressful day, so we stopped for salads at the deli. I really need to start sharing our lunches. William had a great burger, Andrew had a GREAT Saigon Special, and I had a lovely Caesar Salad with grilled shrimp from Loco Joe's. I'm wondering if Andrew's dish is similar to one you mentioned a while back. It had a sauce called "nouch mam " sauce(sp?) and had an Asian pork with vermicelli rice noodles, lettuce and cucumber? Very good and a ton of food! I'm anxious to get that next time. I'll try to start taking pictures.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxe, I hope thing...)
Yes, to pictures, Daphne.

Speaking of pictures - this one ain't pretty, but wow, the flavor combination was so good! Plum & Blackberry pie
[Image: aug%2022%20002_zpsr5lkvipa.jpg]

And last night got together with cousins and had my favorite company dessert - Marshmallow Crème & Cream Cheese dip with fruit.
[Image: aug%2022%20006_zpscogsa25v.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by cjs (Yes, to pictures, Da...)
Daphne, that Vietnamese salad that Andrew had is one of my favorites, especially in the summer.

Jean, your pie is very pretty!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? by Mare749 (Daphne, that Vietnam...)
thanks, it sure is good.
www.achefsjourney.com