Thursday's Dinner, 8/18/16??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu for everyone today??

After I drained the liquid from the Mushrooms & Shrimp with garlic & wine (to go with Paella party food), and tasting it, the flavor was so good, I froze it.

I'm going to toss it with some cooked pasta and add a little chicken to the mix and see what happens.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/18/16?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
We're going to have Korean Beef Bulgogi tonight, one of our summer faves. Steamed rice and snow peas on the side.

Is school back in session for anyone? Holly started on Monday in her school system, and the kiddos go back next Wednesday. Wish it wasn't so early. Summer isn't over yet!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/18/16?? by Mare749 (We're going to have ...)
I've almost finished my first week back. Actually, I'm hopeful that it will be a good year...

So, tonight's dinner was surprisingly fun and tasty! My MIL sent me a coupon for 3 free dinner for 2 from Blue Apron. My box arrived tonight and we had another couple over to help us prepare and enjoy two of the three dinners and share tastes. The gnocchi was fresh and delicious and the chicken ramen was also very good. I'm going to re-order because having someone else plan three meals for me each week still gives me 4 nights a week to play. I didn't think I would be this impressed, but there were a lot of fresh veggies and flavors in the meals and it was awfully nice to not have to worry about being out of some obscure ingredient. The only ingredients they assumed you would have on hand were olive oil, salt, and pepper.

The produce was not farmers market fresh (duh!), but it was fine and tasted great in the meals. I really liked that they do focus on including a variety of veggies in the meals. Can I say again that I'm surprised that I'm re-ordering?? I may be changing my delivery day, however...weekends are probably when I will want to play!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/18/16?? by karyn (I've almost finished...)
I've heard only good things about Blue Apron - I sure wish they had been around when I was working!!!

I may place an order just to know what's what. Glad you were impressed with them, Karyn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/18/16?? by cjs (I've heard only good...)
What a great service, Karyn. I'm going to share this with my daughters.

Please let us know if you are still pleased with your orders.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/18/16?? by Mare749 (What a great service...)
What a cool service!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.