BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #?????
  Re: (...)

I have been making a version of this pizza for years, but I have to say todays was the very best!!

I normally combine the chicken pieces with the BBQ sauce and add as a layer to the pizza. But, I didn't combine them today and doing this plus, I now have vine ripened August Cherry tomatoes which are so absolutely wonderful tasting. And, the result - the best one yet.

Pizza round (I used my Herb pizza dough)
brushed with olive oil
BBQ sauce spooned on round (I had Sweet Baby Ray's opened)
Combination of Mozzarella and cheddar
chopped cooked chicken
Cherry tomatoes (straight from the garden)
Light dusting of shredded Swiss cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
drizzle of olive oil.
[Image: aug%2016%20003_zpsree6kxe8.jpg]

After removing from oven - sprinkled with cilantro.
[Image: aug%2016%20006_zpsyz4fftqz.jpg]
Absolutely wonderful!! (As if I've never said this before - But, it really was so darn good)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by cjs ([br]I have been maki...)
That looks amazing. How do you manage to keep the cheese all melty and not get burned while waiting for the crust to get brown enough? Sometimes I have that problem.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by Mare749 (That looks amazing. ...)
When I do the pizza in the house oven, I place the bottom rack (that the pizza goes on) on the bottom and slide in the top rack leaving just enough room for getting the pizza in and out and put an upside down sheet pan on that rack.

Seems to really help keep the heat concentrated on the pizza top. Does that make sense?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by cjs (When I do the pizza ...)
Yes, it does, except I don't need more heat on the top. The problem I sometimes have is with the bottom of the pizza. Ron likes it really brown and crisp, but because that takes a few extra minutes, the cheese on top gets too brown.

If I try your method, will that help prevent over-browning on top?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by Mare749 (Yes, it does, except...)
I just don't know, Maryann
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by cjs (I just don't know, M...)
Beautiful pizza, Jean.

Maryann, I wonder if Jean's suggestion would work in reverse? Put the pan over the pizza with the pizza on the rack on bottom?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by Gourmet_Mom (Beautiful pizza, Jea...)
Uhhhh, that is what I do, Daphne.

Bottom rack in oven - place pizza
next rack - just enough higher to get at the pizza - and the baking sheet is laid on that rack upside down..............

am I missing something here??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by cjs (Uhhhh, that is what ...)
Oh, I read that wrong, as in backwards. I figured if she wanted to concentrate the heat on the bottom, imstead of the top, she might try doing the reverse of what you do. So to reverse your idea, she would put the pan on the bottom rack and the pizza on top. Do you think that would work?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: BBQ Chicken Pizza - Revision #????? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I read that wron...)
Oh, I see now. sorry - I think maybe putting the b. sheet under the pizza might diffuse the heat???? hmmm
www.achefsjourney.com