T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

My mystery bag(s): ahi, oysters, beautiful thick pork chops, cod and sausage....

Oysters some way for brunch this a.m. and ahi for later - don't know what we'll do with them yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
No idea just yet. Looking for inspiration.

Jean, your mystery bag sounds wonderful! Have fun!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by Mare749 (No idea just yet. Lo...)
I picked up dinner at Wegmans. They have a dinner deal where you pick from their entrees and debating whether you want one or two sides determines the price. I've got honey-brined turkey with a side of roasted veggies and another of garlicky greens. Their turkey is really good. An they sell the honey-brined breasts in their meat case. Also picked up calzones for Hubby.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by BarbaraS (I picked up dinner a...)
We're taking it easy....either cheese, salami, and crackers or quesadillas tonight.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by karyn (We're taking it easy...)
We picked up two beautiful steaks and I've got a couple of baking potatoes and salad is made. He gets to do the steaks, and I'm going against my best judgement and microwaving the potatoes. Although, as hot as it is, I may leave off the potatoes.

I LOVE your mystery bag, Jean! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Ooooooh Jean! That "Mystery Bag" sounds divine.

Dinner tonight is a frozen gluten free cheese pizza. Zonked here - it's been a wild week and I can't wait for Sunday - Bloody Mary's all day! Maybe?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by Harborwitch (Ooooooh Jean! That ...)
We started the day with Bloody Marys and a snack of grilled oysters - then moved on to fried potatoes (onions, garlic in bacon fat ) and the pork sausages he brought with a bottle of bubbly.

Nobody was too hungry until really late after all that and also, the weather was just too warm to rush dinner. So, a late one of a Charcuterie platter with the 3 cheeses he brought plus the Ahi. Isabella Gouda Two Sisters, Saint Andre Triple Crème Brie, & a Porter Cheddar Cahill
[Image: aug%2013%20002_zpsypa1ryv4.jpg]

This is the second time I've done Ahi and it was just wonderful.
[Image: aug%2013%20004_zpssje6xyvh.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by cjs (We started the day w...)
It looks wonderful! Just the way I like it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by Mare749 (It looks wonderful! ...)
What a beautiful dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/12/16?? by cjs (We started the day w...)
Drooling here! That looks amazing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!