Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today??

We finished up the corn cobs, but I kept the marinade (see the recipe posted in the garden thread, if you'd like) so I think I might do some kind of cold noodle salad using it.

More leftovers to work on also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
Well, you just helped me decide! Tonight we will have a Vietnamese salad topped with some shredded chicken.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? by Mare749 (Well, you just helpe...)
I'm firing up the grill to make chicken satay, Jasmine rice on the side.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? by losblanos1 (I'm firing up the gr...)
Satay here, too! I'm doing a pork satay with a spiralized Asian cucumber salad.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? by karyn (Satay here, too! I'm...)
That's funny. Three of us in a row doing something Asian.

But, that is changing now since I went to the store for a few ingredients that I forgot to pick up. So, tonight is going to be the Mexican Lasagna that is our current review dinner. So excited!

P.S. Doing the prep, I made the mistake of taking a big ol' slice of jalapeno just to see how hot it was. My mouth was on fire, I started coughing, sneezing and crying all at the same time. And poor Ron was on the phone with me at the time!

Is this a normal reaction, or does it sound like an allergic reaction? I never used to be so sensitive to peppers, but they do make me cough now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? by Mare749 (That's funny. Three ...)
I cough if I inhale while working on them.

Leftovers time-Pork Filling (from Stuffed Poblanos), walnut cream sauce tossed with pasta. So very good. And a Caesar salad with Cilantro and Green Chile dressing.

no picture....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? by cjs (I cough if I inhale ...)
Today we lucked up and got Kim's Spicy chicken for lunch, even though we got there after 12:30! Actually, it was a rare unrushed lunch chatting with old friends returning after a few years like me, a good old friend who paid for our lunch last week, and one of the owners when the lunch crowd slowed down. This is one of my rewards after 30+ years of gobbling my lunch down in less than 20 minutes every day!

Anyway, dinner was SUPER easy! I popped it last weekend , so all I had to do was assemble and heat. I got the idea from Fresh and Fast....PIZZADILLAS! Jean, I owe you an apology. I must have been doing it wrong. This is just a glorified version of your short cut pizzas. They were GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.