Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Leftovers here - I have some poblano filling left and some roasted poblanos in the freezer, so will do a bastardized version of last night's entrée. So good.

And, to those who made the Walnut Cream sauce with all of us (Billy J included) a while back - it was as good as I remembered it. Again, I'll say I could eat it on just about anything.

Only hiccup in last night's dinner was one A$$ showed up with a salad (his quote - "I want to show off my tomatoes and sugar snap peas!!") - after being told that I had my menu in place so please don't bring any food.

I gave in this once and served his salad which DID NOT go with my dinner at all and my Mexican Caesar salad sat in the fridge. Next time I will tell him specifically if he brings any food when it's not asked for, I'll be saving it for the next day!!! Really annoying.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have some steak l/o from last night and I don't want to cook it more, so it will be thinly sliced and put on top of a Caesar salad, with bruschetta on the side.

Jean, did you serve your Mexican Fiesta buffet style or sit-down? There is no way that MY salad would have stayed in the fridge!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by Mare749 (We have some steak l...)
Just leftover roasted chicken, stuffing & gravy, and a green salad. Kind of boring but economical.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by Trixxee (Just leftover roaste...)
I plated the stuffed poblano on a bed of rice and napped with the walnut sauce - I wanted it to look as it should. The rest of side dishes (corn coblets - which by the way everyone loved! and the 'his' salad) were on the table, along with more of the walnut sauce which again, people went for.

I'll be ready for him next time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by cjs (I plated the stuffed...)
I agree with Maryann, there's no way that my salad is not going to be served. If he really wanted to impress you with his tomatoes and snap peas he could of brought you a basket of each.

Not boring at all Trixxee, it sounds wonderful.

Dinner today is Chinese almond chicken (boring, but we love it).
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by losblanos1 (I agree with Maryann...)
I agree!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by cjs (I agree! [img]/ubbth...)
Jean, you are far too nice! He should have known better!!

We had taco salad tonight. I didn't feel like thinking, but now I'm kicking myself...we should have done the review dinner...
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by losblanos1 (I agree with Maryann...)
"I agree with Maryann, there's no way that my salad is not going to be served. If he really wanted to impress you with his tomatoes and snap peas he could of brought you a basket of each."

I LOVE THIS REPLY!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by Mare749 ("I agree with Maryan...)
I agree with Maryann, your suggestion was perfect, Blane!

It was a late day at work, so I bumped tonight's dinner to tomorrow and subbed Friday's dinner...Boar's Head Sandwiches.

TOTALLY FORGOT! The guys were working on the beach most of the day today which left me on my own for lunch. When I got to Loco Joe's, the Kim's Spicy Ribs was sold out!!!! Okay, so I picked the Blackened Mahi Tacos with house made tortillas and salsa. ( I seriously need to start taking pictures of these plates! This one is so pretty!).

Anyway, there were two solitary diners on either side of me. One was a young lady around thirty something who was eating what I ordered. So I struck up a conversation. She is in pharmaceuticals, and said she loved when she had to visit doctors in Southport so she could get their fish tacos...especially when they had seabass. I then shared some of my other favorites that she had not tried. She asked if I worked at one of the shops downtown, and I told her where I worked after retiring from 32 years teaching. She seemed to recognize I was not in a "light weight job" ( No offense to anyone in retail), or sympathized about my coming out of retirement.

Anyway, she left soon after I got my food. One of the waitresses come over to clear her spot and leaned in..."Hey Daphne, the girl next to you paid for your lunch." It is refreshing to come across some really good people in this world today. I plan to pay it forward.

So I then made a point to strike up a conversation on my other side. It was nice to lighten up two people's day while having a solitary meal. And it gave me a great deal of pleasure, too. BTW, the second lady was eating a Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken when I sat down. After I engaged her in conversation (Her husband is a major foodie and does all the cooking at home.), she ordered her dessert....Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie frozen on a stick....what she came to get and why she ordered a salad. It looked divine!!!!!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/3/.16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree with Maryann...)
I love that more and more folks are doing that, Daphne!! It must really make the day!!
www.achefsjourney.com