Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We're hosting our Motley Crew group tonight with a Mexican Fiesta - should be fun. Wanted to have it outside, but showers are predicted, so don't know............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
A Mexican fiesta here also, Old School Tacos or the Mexican Lasagna review dinner.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by losblanos1 (A Mexican fiesta her...)
I went to the meat store today and they had some gorgeous rib-eyes. So, I got a nice thick cut for the grill. Ron is going to be happy-happy. Will also grill some red bliss potatoes and some asparagus to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by Mare749 (I went to the meat s...)
we'll raise our glasses of Margarita Punch to you Blane and C.A.
[Image: Nov%203%20Margarita%20Punch_zpssvutltop.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by cjs (we'll raise our glas...)
Enjoy the Mexican fiestas, Jean and Blane! I've got the review dinner planned for later this week.

We're having one of my favorite Thai-inspired pizzas tonight with chicken, cilantro, caramelized onions, etc.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by karyn (Enjoy the Mexican fi...)
Totally forgot dinner! I FINALLY pushed myself to cook this dinner! I have been wanting to make the Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad, and I finally pulled it off tonight. While I was at it, I had prepped the glaze for the Grilled Citrus Skewer Sauce, (I made it with chicken breast cutlets instead of skewered wings), so I cooked them off while finishing the chicken for tonight on the grill instead of the oven. I also grilled off some more lightly seasoned breasts to have with a Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad. I froze the ones for the pesto dish for later.

Blessedly, we came home to a cooler house than usual today. It wasn't nearly as hot today, so the AC was able to keep up. That was just the encouragement I needed to finally pull this off. Three meals prepped at one time feels pretty good! WHEW!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Totally forgot dinne...)
Hey Daphne, how is the re-organization of the office going?
Miss you!
Maryann

Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by Mare749 (Hey Daphne, how is t...)
Good for you, Daphne!!

Thai pizza - ohhh, haven't had for the longest time.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by cjs (Good for you, Daphne...)
Don't think I've ever made one. Along with the ingredients mentioned by Karyn, is there any type of sauce or dressing on it?
Maryann

Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? by Mare749 (Don't think I've eve...)
maryann, you might like this -

THAI CHICKEN PIZZA*****

First made this pizza in Warden with Sharon and Bob, June 2013. The peanut sauce is wonderful and will write for permission to use in a book. (note: found out it is from Tabasco – will use recipe w/permission)

Peanut butter, smooth 2 Tbs
TABASCO® brand SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce 1-1/2 Tbs
Hoisin sauce 1/2 cup
Soy sauce 1 Tbs
Fish sauce 3/4 tsp
Lime juice 1 Tbs
Fresh ginger, minced 1 tsp
Chicken breasts, thinly sliced 1/2 lb
Salt pinch
Black pepper pinch
Peanut oil 2 Tbs
Prepared pizza dough 12 oz
Cornmeal 2 Tbs
Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded 1 cup
Carrot, shredded 1/4 cup
Bean sprouts 1/4 cup
Peanuts, chopped 1-1/2 Tbs
Scallion, chopped 2 Tbs
Cilantro, chopped 2 Tbs

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.

2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, TABASCO® SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and fresh ginger.

3. Season sliced chicken with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan, sauté chicken in peanut oil until almost cooked through.

4. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14" circle, leaving a 1/2" raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread an even layer of peanut sauce on pizza dough. Next spread a layer of mozzarella cheese. Distribute chicken on top of cheese.

5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.

6. Remove pizza from oven and top with shredded carrots, bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.

7. Yield: 1 14" pizza, or 2-3 servings
www.achefsjourney.com