T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!)
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I made a tasty couscous salad yesterday to fill a couple crookneck squashes, so we'll have that with maybe a steak and more grilled zucc.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Uh, Jean, today is Thursday...

I have some more zukes from the kiddos. Going to make chocolate zucchini breads to share with the family.

For dinner, I'm thinking of trying those zucchini meatballs that I posted a while back, and maybe a side of angel hair.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? by Mare749 (Uh, Jean, today is T...)
Well Crap!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by cjs (Well Crap!!!! [img]/...)
Costco had some beautiful salad shrimp the other day so tonight is a big Shrimp Louie. I don't get off until 8 so it'll be a fast dinner . . . and a light one in this heat!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by Harborwitch (Costco had some beau...)
Oh a shrimp louie salad sounds great in all this heat. Do you use cooked baby shrimp? I'm going to look into making one of these soon.

Michael has a 4:00 follow up dentist appt on the other side of town but there's a Chik-Fil-A real close so I think I'll just pick us up some fried chicken sandwiches for us. I don't think I'm going to want to start cooking something by the time we get home.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by Trixxee (Oh a shrimp louie sa...)
Cooked baby shrimp from Costco. I think it was only $9 for a 2lb container of them.

It's been a long time since we've had a Louie. And it's easy enough that Bob can have a lot of it done before I get home from work.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by Harborwitch (Cooked baby shrimp f...)
Wow, I wonder if they would be that cheap at my Costco?

Sounds like a delicious hot weather salad.

My zucchini breads came out looking rich and decadent. Really do need to share these asap. I screwed up the zucchini meatballs. Was doing too many things at once and did not read the recipe first. Duh! You have to cook the zucchini first before making the meatballs! So, the mixture that is in the bowl right now will probably end up being zucchini fritters.

BTW, does anybody know where Blane is these days? Seems like he hasn't been on much lately.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by Mare749 (Wow, I wonder if the...)
Fritters are good! LOL
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by Harborwitch (Fritters are good! ...)
I think Blane has switched his allegiance to facebook......little traitor.

Zucc fritters sound so good

Our favorite Crab/Shrimp Louis -
[Image: May%2014%20Crab%20Louie%20landings_zpsresvikic.jpg]
West Coast Crab Louis
a Chef’s Journey…Home, pg. 30

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup + 1 T. bottled chili sauce
2 T. cream
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 T. Fresh lemon juice
Tabasco sauce to taste
1/4 cup minced green onion
Salt
Salad Ingredients: (for two)
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
8 butter lettuce leaves
1 Dungeness crab, cooked, cracked, meat removed – or as many shrimp/prawns as you desire
2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
2 tomatoes, quartered

Combine the dressing ingredients; season to taste with salt and chill until ready to make salads. Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Layer the salad ingredients in the order given on two salad plates and top with dressing. Serves 2
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/16?? (OR THURSDAY!) by cjs (I think Blane has sw...)
One of my favorite salads. The shrimp was great! Such a nice change - very light and fresh.