Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm remaking an old one from Bon Appetit - made it 10 years ago, hate to repeat too often.
Herb-Roasted Sausages & Butternut Squash

and, for fun, our later snack will be from the Summer 2016 Summer Meals for Two - the waffle sandwich.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The plan is chicken with a sun-dried tomato cream sauce and asparagus. If Tony wants angel hair I will make that too.

And I found something new that Michael will eat! On the list of suggested soft foods (post wisdom teeth removal) is chicken pot pie. I baked him a Marie Callendar's one and he actually ate it, much to my surprise. He'll have the second half of that tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by Trixxee (The plan is chicken ...)
Chicken pot pie. Yum. Hope Michael is feeling better.

I am making stuffed red peppers and thinking of putting them in a cast iron skillet and "roasting" them on the gas grill so that I don't have to turn on the oven. Week 2 of hot weather. Yuck. It's so humid it's hard to breath.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by Mare749 (Chicken pot pie. Yum...)
[blockquote]Quote:

Chicken pot pie. Yum. Hope Michael is feeling better.

I am making stuffed red peppers and thinking of putting them in a cast iron skillet and "roasting" them on the gas grill so that I don't have to turn on the oven.

I just put them directly on the burner in the flame. I turn them with tongs until blackened all around. Very fast that way.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks Bill, but these are stuffed peppers. I have my old stove in the basement, so I decided to just roast them in there. That way, they will be done when Ron gets home. We are suppose to get a thunderstorm around dinnertime.
Maryann

Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by Mare749 (Thanks Bill, but the...)
I love chicken pot pie, but John won't touch it, so I don't have it very often. However, the chicken with sun-dried tomato cream sauce sounds delicious!

I'm doing an 11-hour sous vide tri tip. I'll pat it dry and finish it on the grill to give it a crust after John gets home. I'll also grill some veggies as a side.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by karyn (I love chicken pot p...)
We had some crab stuffed jumbo shrimp with a butter/cheese/cream sauce. OMG it was so rich!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by Old Bay (We had some crab stu...)
So rich, but oh so good I'll bet!!

The sausage and butternut squash over polenta was a very tasty dish – but, what’s not to like with these ingredients. And, the gimmicky waffle sandwich was very good. We loved the crispy, thinner ‘bread’ – I’ll do this again.

Rstd. Sausage
[Image: Jul%2025%20Rstd.%20Sausage%20B.Nut%20Squ...nhntvf.jpg]

Waffle Sandwich
[Image: Jul%2025%20Waffle%20Sandwich%201_zps5rvkxb6a.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by cjs (So rich, but oh so g...)
Looks great Jean.

Thanks guys - Michael has turned the corner and is getting back to his normal self. They just left for a matinee (Star Trek) and he's a little bummed about not being able to eat popcorn but I'm sure he'll get some kind of ice cream treat. Oh to have such problems. LOL.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/25/16?? by Trixxee (Looks great Jean.[br...)
Glad that Michael is starting to feel better. Whew! You got that one over with!

Jean, the butternut squash and sausage dish looks and sounds really tasty! I was wondering if you were going to put that over pasta when you first mentioned it, but now that I see it with polenta, that sounds even better.
Maryann