Saturday's Dinner, 7/23/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Working with a Butternut squash today, not sure what I'll do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/23/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm finally going to make Daphne's fish in coconut broth with jasmine rice and broccoli.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/23/16?? by Trixxee (I'm finally going to...)
We are going to put some chicken on the grill, but I have to decide on a glaze. Grilled corn and something green, maybe zukes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/23/16?? by Mare749 (We are going to put ...)
I should be making my stir fry from last night, but I had put shrimp in the fridge to thaw for tonight. So the Shrimp Rolls are on for tonight! Can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/23/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I should be making m...)
Wow, Daphne, are you actually home for the weekend??? Yay!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/23/16?? by Mare749 (Wow, Daphne, are you...)
Seriously!!!! But William went in to draw. I offered to go with him, since there is plenty for me to do, but he said no. He's still struggling with relearning the CADD software and is looking forward to a quiet day alone with no interruptions. I didn't argue! LOL!

I've enjoyed a lazy quiet morning. Now it's time to meal plan for next week. Ashley called yesterday to let me know that Harris Teeter is having one of their quarterly (it seems) MEGA sales! Time to stock up on chicken breasts (buy two packs and get 3 free) and many other similar deals! I've got my list ready for shopping tomorrow afternoon. I won't get much prepping done this weekend, so I'll have to get creative with dinners next week. But next weekend will be a major meal prep weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/23/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Seriously!!!! But W...)
one idea for your chicken, Daphne. Sweet Garlic chicken and use it for different dinners

as is with sides
the 'goop' and chicken added to hot pasta
pizza (get some pizza balls in the freezer, lady!)
use the 'goop' added to stock to season cooking rice and make a rice casserole with some of the chicken.

Have fun
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com