Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I brought some chicken home from the party (along with Kahlua cake ) and I have l/o Cheese & Rice salad, so dinner is done.

Haven't done one of these garnishes in years, but with the motley crew last night, it seemed appropriate -
[Image: jul%2019%20008_zpsejyyvwab.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
LOL - so cute!

I'm not sure what we're doing. I have some veggies that need to be used - green beans, carrots, zucchini so maybe I'll just steam them along with maybe chicken piccata. I'm up in the air.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by Trixxee (LOL - so cute![br][b...)
Jean, that is so cute. Would you mind sharing how you made that? I want to copy!

Almost forgot to post dinner...We are having another Instant Pot Meal. Using the ham broth and meat from the hocks I cooked last week, will be adding a small cottage ham, small new red potatoes, and fresh locally grown green beans. Easy peasy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by Mare749 (Jean, that is so cut...)
Maryann, I'll write it up. They are really very easy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by cjs (Maryann, I'll write ...)
Jean, that's adorable! I'm looking forward to your instructions.

Tonight we're having Cobb Salad. It's super hot here and I don't feel like cooking.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by karyn (Jean, that's adorabl...)
Too precious!

Hot here, too! Just got home. I'm waiting on bacon to cook on the grill, and then I'll toss the ingredients for the Chicken Caesar Wraps together and have ice cold melon on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Too precious![br][br...)
We decided on an adventure . . . and drove to Wenatchee for the Wed. night Public Market! Of course we screwed up - dinner first at a wonderful place called South. We started with house made corn chips and guacamole. Bob had a wonderful locally brewed IPA and I ordered the Basil Margarita which was to die for! We ordered our dinner from a menu that made it hard to choose; but Bob choose the Carnitas plate with Cilantro Lime Rice and Drunken Beans. I ordered the Fish Veracruz with black beans, slaw, and white rice. (OMG this was so good).

By the time we finished our dinner and drinks it was 6 and we had to hurry to do our shopping - everything was closing. We did manage to Cheesemongers Shop for a Smoked Goat Gouda and a Haloumni. We got peaches, apricots, a lovely tomato, cucumber, and green beans. All in all - a grand adventure . . . and awesome food.

This is the restaurant: South
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by Harborwitch (We decided on an adv...)
Since our favorite place in Wenatchee has closed, will be checking this one out...but the old fav is where I got the best escargot.

I've never thought to put Swt. potatoes in fritters - what a good idea.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by cjs (Since our favorite p...)
That is quite a menu, Sharon. I probably would have ordered the fish also, but thought that the sweet potato enchilada sounded interesting!

Glad you had fun and got away from work for a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/20/16?? by cjs (Since our favorite p...)
They had so many interesting items. The Basil Margarita was amazing - I'm going to work to replicate it.

I thought about enchiladas - but couldn't make up my mind which ones. I thought about asking if they could make the Cubano Burrito "in a bowl", because the ingredients sounded so good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!