Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm testing a recipe from Black Beans & Corn to see how far ahead I can make the B.B. and Corn Wraps. Want to take them to a party next Tuesday. I want to serve them just cut in half, not sliced as for appetizers. We'll see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are going to a friend's birthday party. Not sure what they are serving, but they are expecting 80 people. I wanted to take an appy, so I made this recipe last night and will bake right before we leave. It makes a lot.

http://www.food.com/recipe/make-ahead-bi...ers-195888
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by Mare749 (We are going to a fr...)
Trying a new recipe a friend of mine made the other day.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-cou...rumsticks/

Will serve it with a green salad with romaine, napa cabbage, green onions, cilantro, shredded carrots, cucumber, toasted almonds and a ginger dressing.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by Trixxee (Trying a new recipe ...)
Another day of good sounding ideas!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by cjs (Another day of good ...)
Oh my, Trixxee! Let me know how they turn out! This is right up our alley!

My goodness, Maryann! You sent me down memory lane! William's grandmother used to make these, but I especially associate them with his great aunt Katie. Every year, when the Blue Fish were running, my MIL would rent a beach cottage for a week or two, and, they would set out nets. And Aunt Katie would bring these! You're right! They do make a lot! Have fun at your party!!!

Today I was going to sleep in a little, watch Food Network Saturday favorites and just relax. Best laid plans. We wound up with a technological NIGHTMARE three times over! First my phone had a problem...half an hour later, that was fixed. Direct tv tech came to install William's new tv so we no longer have to share. Now he can watch Fox News to his heart's content. But that didn't go well. Hour and a half later....that's fixed. As soon as my phone got fixed, HIS phone developed the same problem! All is now working after FOUR HOURS!!!!

Anyway, we are having Cobb Salad if I can recover from all this! I'M TAKING MONDAY OFF!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my, Trixxee! Let...)
Daphne/CNN vs. William/Fox ????? That's how it is in this household.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by cjs (Daphne/CNN vs. Willi...)
No, I don't mind a little Fox, but he'd leave it on that channel all day!

Anyway, the guys went to Southport to set up the new computer for the new mapping software. I was supposed to do it but Andrew volunteered....thankfully. That turned into another tech nightmare! Thankfully, I could only help so much remotely. Oddly enough, William agreed to purchase an extended warranty since this computer will be the new workhorse for the company. So the Geek Squad came to the rescue to get the plotter to work.

I decided I wanted to try the Orzo recipe that Maryann posted for Trixxee. And after Trixxee posted that link for the Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks, I knew dinner was destined to change. I had bought ribs on sale yesterday, so those went on the grill for a few hours and glazed several times at the end with the sauce from Trixxee's recipe. I only used half the Sriaccha(?), but I think I could handle a little more, but not the full half cup. They were REALLY good! And I couldn't keep William out of the orzo before dinner time. Winner Dinner! Thank you ladies!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (No, I don't mind a l...)
hmmm, just copied the orzo and drumstick recipes - both sound so good!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by cjs (hmmm, just copied th...)
Now I want to try those drumsticks. Sounds so good and would be the perfect balance with the orzo dish.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 7/16/16?? by Mare749 (Now I want to try th...)
chicken's out of the freezer.

By the way, Maryann - do you or Ron have to drive around Cleveland for the next few days????????
www.achefsjourney.com