OT – Just Silly Pictures
  Re: (...)
I don’t think I have ever marked so many ideas in any of the C@H publications as I have this issue of Fast & Fresh!!

[Image: Jul%2010%20Index_zpsde4ofrpq.jpg]

[Image: Jul%2010%20INdex%201_zpstjcxx1vt.jpg]

[Image: Jul%2010%20Index%203_zps2diqhj0o.jpg]

Took this yesterday – Roy working on the deck portion of what will be our old-fashioned front porch across the front of the house. IF it’s not raining this afternoon, we should be able to have a glass of wine ‘on the deck’ later….

[Image: Jul%2010%20Roy%20working%20on%20deck_zpshwsxssep.jpg]

…while we watch the new little filly scamper around. This was her trainer working with her yesterday, ‘peopleizing’ her

[Image: jul%2010%20003_zpslqqkcydi.jpg]

[Image: wine_zpszzpind2b.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by cjs (I don’t think I have...)
Can't wait to hear your reviews from Fast and Fresh. I will get it out also and find some that Ron will like.

Good picture of Roy! I'm so envious that he is so motivated to always be building something. Your new porch sounds great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by Mare749 (Can't wait to hear y...)
Does Roy build stone walls? Jack had 3 pallets of wall stone delivered 5 weeks ago and has yet to start on his project... I'm sure that, [i}eventually[/i], it will get done, though. I'll bet that your porch is finished before my wall/ patio extension, Jean!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by foodfiend (Does Roy build stone...)
Probably will be Vicci - Roy seems to have to dig his heels in and get these projects done. I just have trouble sometimes keeping him focused on one at a time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by cjs (I don’t think I have...)
Great pictures Jean! Having a front porch . . . oh how I envy you.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by Harborwitch (Great pictures Jean!...)
and, he finished the decking, so we had a glass of wine there,
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by cjs (and, he finished the...)
I'm DEFINITELY getting this book out now! Well Done, Roy! And love the horsey picture! AWWWWW!
  Re: Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by Gourmet_Mom (I'm DEFINITELY getti...)
We had a version of the egg salad wraps, but 'doctored it so much I can't review the recipe. Starting with using eggs I had marinated in Bread & Butter Brine for a few days. Those are so darn good!! But, it is a great 'later' snack for us.

[Image: Jul%2011%20Egg%20Salad%20Wrap%20dinner%2...qpqmzy.jpg]

and, one more silly one - Roy's wine holder -
[Image: Jul%2011%20Deck%20Wine%20Holder_zpsz4js26f1.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by cjs (We had a version of ...)
That's hilarious! Looks like your porch is really coming along.

Beautiful red leaf lettuce, Jean. Makes such a pretty presentation. Wish I knew what I did wrong with the pickled eggs. I put 5 in a jar of brine from my favorite b&b pickle and let set for 3 days. Tried one the first day and it had not picked up any real flavor yet. By the 3rd day when I tried one, they were "rubbery" and still had not picked up much flavor. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT – Just Silly Pictures by Mare749 (That's hilarious! [i...)
They do get a tad rubbery, but I usually chop or slice them so can't really tell. Don't know why your's are not picking up the brine. huh.
www.achefsjourney.com