The Great Brittish Baking Show
  Re: (...)
This is my favorite reality cooking show. 3 challenges per episode, beautiful baking and no nastiness. On Fridays on PBS.
  Re: The Great Brittish Baking Show by Cubangirl (This is my favorite ...)
Alina, I think you've mentioned this one before? Isn't that one the one they brought to America some time last year? American bakers and the British judges from the show? And ran for a limited time?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Great Brittish Baking Show by Gourmet_Mom (Alina, I think you'v...)
Thanks, I'll check it out, Alina. It seems that the only cooking shows I watch anymore are the ones on PBS.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Great Brittish Baking Show by Mare749 (Thanks, I'll check i...)
We love the British version (original) of this show and have always watched it, but something is wrong with our PBS and I'm not able to find this season - I've tried and tried.

Another one I like is Master Chef - Fox is at war with our local carrier, so we don't get that network at all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Great Brittish Baking Show by cjs (We love the British ...)
I like MasterChef Australia even better and am using a VPN (a special networking technique) to watch it from its Australian website. For that matter, I'm also using the VPN to watch MasterChef Junior - México.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: The Great Brittish Baking Show by cjs (We love the British ...)
We cuss Direct TV frequently - but at least we get all of our shows.

We love this show Alina! The hostess used to be on another British cooking show - she and her brother (?) boyfriend (?) would dress in period costume and spend a period of time eating, drinking and living in the style of that time. We cracked up a lot watching it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: The Great Brittish Baking Show by Harborwitch (We cuss Direct TV fr...)
Ditto about Directv. I've never missed a show because of them. I am very spoiled, I never watch anything live.

I wasn't thrilled with the American version but love the original. The one my local PBS is airing in from 2015 and it is on Fridays at 9 and 10 (two new episodes each week).

I like Master Chef as well, though I prefer the kids edition. I am missing Graham Elliot especially since I don't care for Aaron Sanchez. I do love to see Gordon Ramsay demonstrate techniques, the last episode on how to kill and debone a lobster and then make tortellini was great.