Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I finally used the sous vide for Sweet Garlic Chicken, so today I'll grill, broil or Searzall it and see how the end product is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some meatballs left from yesterday, so thinking of doing meatball subs and a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by Mare749 (I have some meatball...)
Keeping it simple - cheeseburgers on the grill.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by Trixxee (Keeping it simple - ...)
I think I have one of the best pots of soup going that I've made in a long time....just cleaning cupboards/freezer/fridge out. Will never be able to duplicate it again.

and, a friend dropped off a bag of blackberries, so a cobbler is in the oven. Dinner plans will be a piece of chicken and b.b. cobbler!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by cjs (I think I have one o...)
This is going to drive me nuts, Jean. Can you at least give us some idea what you put into the soup???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by Mare749 (This is going to dri...)
It's the "Under the Tuscan Sun Soup" from B.B.& Corn cookbook - that always seems to be my base and then I go from there. Today, I added a can of refried beans for thickener, an almost expired can of Campbell's Veggie soup, a container of the Bolognese sauce I made a few weeks ago. roasted poblano and a couple of dibs and dabs from the freezer/fridge.

I'm sure you've made the same kind of soup - I added some mini-farfalle at the end.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by cjs (It's the "Under the ...)
Sure sounds good, Jean!

We picked up some chicken tenders, a lemon orzo salad, and a box of mixed fruit from the salad bar.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sure sounds good, Je...)
Jean, that soup sounds wonderful!

Trixxee, we did burgers again tonight, but this time it was Cheddar-Jalapeno Chicken Burgers. They were yummy! I served them with grilled broccolini.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by karyn (Jean, that soup soun...)
Shoot, I had planned for cheeseburgers (hamburguesa tortas) for dinner, but changed my mind.

Pineapple spiced chicken breasts with jasmine rice and corn on the cob on the menu now.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/7/16?? by losblanos1 (Shoot, I had planned...)
the corn is looking so good finally!! Roy brought some home yesterday and we'll probably be eating it all week.
www.achefsjourney.com