Tony Chachere's Products
  Re: (...)
As some of you know I began using Tony C’s Creole seasoning after tasting a grilled onion while we were on the road in Lake Charles, LA – and instant love. While we were there I picked up another Tony C product – an injectable marinade. It’s been sitting on my shelf since we got home. darn, what a waste of time! This stuff is wonderful!

The last time at the restaurant supply store, I picked up a whole N.Y. Strip and cut almost all into steaks, but cut one ‘chunk’ to 2 lbs. Yesterday I injected it with the marinade and refrigerated it overnight. Roasted this morning on a rack over a can of coke, seasoned only with S&P and pulled at 123°F.

Just now tasted it and what a wonderful subtle garlicky flavor it gives the beef. Wow. I have about half a bottle left, so will give pork a try next. But, I don’t see how it could top the beef!

[Image: Jul%202%20NY%20Strip%20Roast%20w%20Tony%...fha34c.jpg]

I don't want to slice open until it chills and I can thin slice it.

ROASTED GARLIC & HERB INJECTABLE MARINADE
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tony Chachere's Products by cjs (As some of you know ...)
That looks delicious and exactly what I like to do with a lean type of roast like that. I'm going to look for that marinade so I can try this.

Do you have any trouble with the marinade running back out while you are injecting? Does it mean I'm overdoing it?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tony Chachere's Products by Mare749 (That looks delicious...)
Yes, some did come back out, but I just ignored it. and enough stayed in evidently to really flavor it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tony Chachere's Products by cjs (Yes, some did come b...)
Cannot stop picking at this beef - really a good flavor. It's all thinly slice now and in pkgs. to freeze. But, will have today for dinner - on sandwiches.
[Image: jul%203%20002_zpsepdglqzo.jpg]

[Image: jul%203%20006_zpsnujtf0jd.jpg]

Along with a 'testing' salad. Rice, zucc noodles, red onion sauced with a spicy peanut sauce (from chicken wings a while back) mixed with mayo, Sriracha and seasoned rice vinegar. Just tasted and while I like the flavor, not so much the texture. Think I'll try it again with a small pasta.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tony Chachere's Products by cjs (Cannot stop picking ...)
That beef looks gorgeous! The salad looks yummy, though. We have that injection product around here. I'll have to give it a try. The dry ingredient you use on the onions I keep in my pantry. That's what I use in the rub for the orange glazed salmon recipe we love so much. So good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Tony Chachere's Products by cjs (As some of you know ...)
That is beautiful Jean. I am drooling. I think we've used almost all of their injectables. Really really great flavor. Now I'm more prone to make my own. Gives me a great idea for tomorrow's smoked chicken.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!