Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Some kind of easy pasta and a green salad here. Maybe flatbread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Meatloaf muffins with buttermilk mashed potatoes, tomato gravy and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by losblanos1 (Meatloaf muffins wit...)
Jean, your pizza from yesterday made me hungry. So, this morning I started a dough from Cuisine's April issue. (It makes a lot!) We prefer a thinner crust these days, so I'll make two sheet pizzas from it to take to Heather's house tonight. We will finally share vacation pics (ours and theirs) and view them on the TV.

I like to keep quarts of soup in the freezer, even in the summer, so today I'm trying a recipe by Emeril that he wrote for a multi-cooker like the Instant Pot. It's for Cream of Cauliflower Soup, but I will use milk instead of cream. 35 min. and it's done. Has a beautiful garnish of toasted sliced almonds and a few saffron threads.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by Mare749 (Jean, your pizza fro...)
I haven't decided for sure. But I'm thinking about burgers to go with my salads from yesterday. William tore into the bean salad. It has been years, and I forgot how much he loves it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't decided fo...)
"I like to keep quarts of soup in the freezer, even in the summer"

Me too, Maryann. In fact we're having a bowl of the veggie soup which I used the rib jus as a base for a snack later.

I made myself hungry for more pizza, too! Haven't looked at that dough recipe....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by cjs ("I like to keep quar...)
With temps often in the 90's, soup in the summer around here is out of the question! LOL!

Sounds like a fun night, Maryann!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (With temps often in ...)
We don't have temps in the 90's as consistently as you do, Daphne, but we do have some of it. I can't stand the heat, so I stay in air-conditioning as much as possible.

But...do you know, according to travel shows about Vietnam, they eat soup all the time and put hot peppers in it besides! Can you imagine that?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by Mare749 (We don't have temps ...)
Last day of school here, finally. In one hour I guess Michael will be considered a senior. How did that happen?

I'm copying Blane's ground beef taco idea but since the store was out of corn shells, we'll go with small flour tortillas.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (With temps often in ...)
Quote:

With temps often in the 90's, soup in the summer around here is out of the question! LOL!

Sounds like a fun night, Maryann!

I totally agree, Daphne! It's been really hot so far this summer. Toningt we're having Chipotle-Coffee Steak Salad with Grilled Corn & Tomatoes from Bon Apetit. It got really good reviews on Epicurious.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/16/16?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Michael will be a Senior?? Not possible!! And, how great that he is doing so darn well - no small thanks to his folks!!
www.achefsjourney.com