Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Beef kebabs & potato salad here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are doing ribs tonight. 20 minutes in the IP, then on the grill to glaze. This morning I will be trying the potato salad recipe that Alina posted.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by Mare749 (We are doing ribs to...)
From issue #115, I'm making the Dan Dan pork with noodles.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by Mare749 (We are doing ribs to...)
I just took my last pkg. of ribs out of the freezer to try this Maryann. Doing them for 20 min. - does this make them 'fall off the bone' tender? or a tad of resistance (which I prefer)?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by cjs (I just took my last ...)
Oh, this is a winner!!

Korean Sizzling Beef

I used the marinade on Beef Chunks
[Image: Jun%2012%20Beef%20Kebobs%20w%20potato%20...u2qfcp.jpg]

and the potato salad made with the IP worked also. I was a little worried yesterday when I put it together that it would be a little too moist. But, nope.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by cjs (Oh, this is a winner...)
Jean, this is more like my recipe. I like the ones with ginger, but I like mine better. I like the addition of sesame oil. I may try adding that next time.

I have been craving corn casserole and squash casserole for a few weeks now, so that is dinner tonight. In an effort to keep peace, I picked out the Tuscan Style Chicken from issue #100. Almost done, and I can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by cjs (I just took my last ...)
Quote:

I just took my last pkg. of ribs out of the freezer to try this Maryann. Doing them for 20 min. - does this make them 'fall off the bone' tender? or a tad of resistance (which I prefer)?

For babyback ribs, yes, they are close to fall apart tender, but do stay on the bone. Ron likes them with a little bit of resistance also, so he puts his on the grill or in the broiler and that tightens them up. I just glaze mine and call it done.

You could try 18 minutes?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think I will. Thanks.

Had the leftover Korean beef kebobs in a 'later' dinner salad with 1,000 Isl. dressing. Now, to add salsa to it and make a taco salad later this week. It's been so long!

[Image: jun%2013%20001_zpszg86xizc.jpg]

And, as the memory goes, I can't remember where I saw this hint re asparagus, but it's great. Microwave for 2 min. (I had a rather large bunch, so needed 3 1/2 min. total) toss with an Italian dressing or Balsamic vinaigrette (which I used) and let marinate in all its goodness for a few hours. Wow, what great flavor and it's just al dente.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/12/16?? by cjs (I think I will. Tha...)
Love the asparagus idea, Jean! Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.